Bleeding and foul smell 5 weeks post myomectomy

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello everyone ,

I was hoping someone might be able to offer me some advice as I'm panicking 🙈

Today I am 5 weeks post myomectomy, I've had a foul smell and some very light bleeding. I don't seem to have a temperature. Has anyone else had the same horrible smell ?And is it normal to still be bleeding albeit very small amounts?

Any advice much appreciated.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Dear Lizzie,

I think just about anything can happen after such a big operation - so I guess also bleeding can be "normal" in that situation. 

As long as you don't have a fever, it should not be dangerous (I replied also to your other message, about the smell - I don't know if you saw that?)

Don't panic - but do you have the possiblity to go to a doctor? 

I did not bleed as long, but really it is a shock to the body and maybe your body reacts like that? 

I hope you can go to a doctor to be reassured. 

All the best,

Anna

• Posted

Hello Anna,

Thankyou so much for your advice . It's not much blood but it's the smell that's worrying me . However , I don't think I have a fever so I'm thinking I don't need to worry and I did more walking around than usual yesterday so maybe the bleeding is because of that .

I have emailed my surgeons secretary two days ago but no reply . I hate antibiotics so if I can avoid them that would be good but obviously if it's an infection I want to get rid asap . My doctor is rubbish so I'm kind of waiting it out right now . I think he will just dish out pills without even checking .

Thanks Anna x

• Posted

If you get doctors make sure u insist of a swab to be took as this will be checked ti find out the type of infection and what antibiotics you will need xx
  • Posted

Hey lizzie i would make a docs appointment u mite have an infection that will need treated
  • Posted

Hi Lizzie,

Am 6 weeks post myomectomy too. Is the bleeding from the incisions or virginia?

I experience bleeding from the incision not Virginia.

I will also suggest u book an appointment with your gyneanto make sure there is no infection.

Hugs

• Posted

Hi there. I'm 7 weeks post UFE. I did bleed here and there most days. Not alot. It's ok. I changed my pads I was using to cotton only. Some pads provide a perfume smell. That can create some odour also. When I changed it up it's way better.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.