Bleeding bright red for 13 days

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello,

?I'm on Cerazette mini pill and have been for a few years.  I've had irregular bleeding on and off but not many proper periods.

?About 7 weeks ago I had a proper period.

?I started another one 13 days ago.  I don't recall ever having such a long period and there's no sign of it stopping or slowing down.  There isn't much blood.  I can get away with a panty liner.  But it's really red.  Usually I have brown, red then brown until it stops.

?I had severe cramping in the night about 2 nights before the period began.  very little cramping up until today, where it's starting to get rather uncomfortable.

?I've had clear smears.  I don't have HPV.  I took a pregnancy test yesterday.  It said it was negative, BUT it was taking in the afternoon and I'd had a couple of cups of tea and the urine was no coloured at all.

?I'm wondering if this is just my body going towards menopause (I'm 47), or if I'm having an early miscarriage of some kind (I don't really trust pregnancy tests).

Anyone else had these prolonged periods out of the blue?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I'm still bleeding and it's getting heavier and more painful.  I'm wondering if it's a polyp or something.

?Co-incidentally I received a letter from NHS saying it was time for a smear test, so I booked one.  Next appointment is 27th October.  Today is 9th!

?I really hope I have stopped bleeding by then.

?Really fed up with this now.  I just don't know if it's ever going to stop.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.