Bleeding for over 4 weeks

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi ladies, so I've been in perimenopause for a few years now, had a few long bleeds 4 weeks was the longest last may, then i skipped a period, anyway i started to bleed just over 4 weeks ago and im still spotting now, im 47 had all the tests for uterine bleeding 2 years ago, it came back that i had a submucosal fibroid and adenomyosis obviously both of these conditions can cause erratic and long bleeding, but its beginning to unnerve me again, i keep thinking i have cervical cancer, as my smear is due now, please please please do any other of you lovely ladies have bleeding issues, also i am constantly hot and sweaty, I have muddled thinking, palpitations clumsiness joint pain spotty skin etc.

any way many thanks sherry xxx

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

is there anyone out there who can help, tell me their bleeding stories, just abit of reassurance xxx

• Posted

hi sherry

yep all sounds peri menopausal i am 48 and suffering too

awful symptoms never ending

yes my periods are long heavy light short etc

and the anxiety that comes with it

your not alone xxx

i just had smear too and was clear so u will be fine too xxx

• Posted

thank you for your reply, its good to know that this is normal, it just makes you feel uneasy when your periods have been normal all your lifexxxx

• Posted

HI Sherry,,, My story:: my periods have been all over the place,,, I AM IN PERI still... So everything started when I have had constant microscopic blood in my urine when having a urine test,,, 8 times in one year,, was sent for a ct scan and had no clue but I was told I have multiple fibroids in and out and all over my uterus... to me this is constant bleeding,, they won't tell me for sure that this is the cause but I am suspicious... would also like to know if anyone has had this??? also my best friend has fibroids and wanted to really tell your her story... she started having heavy periods so heavy to the point she was going through a pad every hour,,, then it got worse she bleed constantly for about six months and was scared to death,, she became anemic,, with my research for my and her problem found out after you transition your fibroids shrink and that is what hers did,, they wanted to do all these tests on her and she is deathly afraid of needles and would not do the different tests,, they put her on birth control which helped,,, I told her just be calm,, your getting ready to go through sure enough she did a year later and the bleeding stopped... very interesting huh... maybe her story can help,,, But still would like to know how many out there also have blood in there urine all the time..❤❤❤just hold on!!! maybe tell the docs but use your own gut....ITS ALL SO SCARY!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.