Bleeding from Eye

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi

My Dad is 79 years old, last saturday he suddenly went blind in 1 eye, then blood started coming out of it, after a few hours his sight came back.

He has had another one today but there was a lot more blood.

Has anyone else expereinced this please

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Do you mean his eye went very red and bloodshot or the eye was literally bleeding? Either way if he suddenly lost his vision then he needs an urgent appointment at a hospital eye clinic. 
  • Posted

Is he on blood thinners like aspirin or warfarin?  Any history of trauma?

A prompt visit to an eye doctor would be advisable.

• Posted

Hi

Yes his eye was actually bleeding. Blood was running out of it down his face

I rang his GP who said go to your optician.

I have had him at the opticians who say it is impossible for the eye to bleed and it must be coming from his nose.

He said if it happens again to contact his GP straight away.

Not a lot of help really. I am quite concerned

He has not had any injury to his eye or face

• Posted

Hospitals take eyes very seriously and should have an eye casualty department. I phoned the local hospital last month when I had a problem that was beyond the scope of the opticians. A sister from the department phoned me back for details and gave me an appointment for the next day.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.