Bleeding gums on blood thinning tablets after THR

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello all. I know its a side effect of the blood thinning tablets I have to take after my THR, but anyone have any tips for bleeding gums after brushing teeth. I think the teeth are discolouring too. The bleeding is only slight but just wondered if anyone had this? Nearly 3 weeks post op and recovering well.

All the best

Sarah

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sarah,

I am still on the blood thinning injections and have not had any of these side effects.

Maybe you ought to go and see your GP and ask if that comes from your blood thinning tablets. And there may be something else you can take instead.

Petra

• Posted

Hi, sarah try gang with vinegar. Then honey. Hope it helps i had it with warfarin.

• Posted

Hi Sarah

Perhaps arrange a visit with your dentist and see what they may recommend. In the meantime, brush carefully around your gum line, when cleaning your teeth and try a mouthwash for added protection.

Elizabeth

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.