bleeding still after 9 weeks

Posted , 7 users are following.

had gl twice in a year doing ok except for bleeding iam very active but i took it easy bled on and off for 6 weeks bleeding seemed of stopped after 8 weeks until the other day but the urine was more brown than red it only lasted for. a while and it became clear but two days later it did it again is this normal

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I remember when I had a turp done 7 years ago.  If I was too active, yard work etc. I would urinate pink urine, and that was weeks after my surgery. Besides blood, I would discharge what looked like dark brown tissue.  It was all part of the healing process, was what I was told by my uro. Not easy or fun getting old at times!
  • Posted

Hi. After my HoLep reduction it took 5 weeks for all bleeding to stop. The hospital said 3 days! It gradually slowed which gave me confidence it would eventually stop. It sounds like you may need to see the GP/Consultant
  • Posted

After 8 weeks, yes you could query it, but also realise only a tiny pinprick of blood will quite colour a smallish amount of urine. The brown colour is to do with the normal mix of urea. You are bound to have  problems properly healing, because a cut on top of a healing scab from an earlier cut means low blood supply to the new scar. It wont arouse much interest from your uro.
  • Posted

You probably have an infection that comes and goes occasionally. Keep a bottle of Rx anti-biotics on hand such as Cipro.
    • Posted

taking antibiotics should not be taken so lightly. You havr to make sure you have UTI. Such symptoms in th blog are not UTI. Dead tissue and old blood usually is brown.
  • Posted

I was told after a biopy and having brown blood in my semen weeks later that 'brown' is old blood.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.