Bleeding with bowel movement.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi. I'm 17wks post op for hysterectomy, A&P repair and tvt. I've had generally good healing throughout. I have been clearing the weeds in my block paving on the drive over past 2 days. 1st day I was a little tender afterwards but expected as not done much. 2nd day I was a bit sore whilst doing it. Last night I had quite a bit of pain down left side where repair was done. This morning when I've had a bm I noticed blood when I wiped. When I looked in bowl the water was quite red tinted. Should I be worried or is this still expected at this stage of recovery. Never had it before other than if I've struggle to go and anus has become sore but today was a good bm.

Hope someone can advise me or reassure me. Feeling quite anxious that I may have overdone it and done damage!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

That could just be a pile if it's bright red. I wouldn't worry too much if I were you as your surgery was quite a long time ago now. I think the main thing to not do is lift. If it keeps happening then obviously get it checked out

• Posted

Thanks Sam. I haven't been lifting. Was on hands and knees scraping and digging weeds out of drive so nothing strenuous. I'll be keeping an eye out over next few days. I dont normally suffer from piles but only time will tell. X

• Posted

Hi Fi,

Sorry to hear you are worried, maybe you have just over stretched things a little and it will settle down again.

If you are worried you can always phone your GP surgery and ask to speak to a doctor; even if it's nothing to worry about he/she will be able to put your mind at rest, as always better to get it checked as you will worry about it until Doc says otherwise.

Rest up with feet up for a few days if you can, at 5 months post op I still rest up after work or aany lenthy time on feet, it can still get a bit nippy at posterior end if I overdo things.

Phyl ???

• Posted

Thanks Phyl I will see how next day or so goes I am resting up but mainly due to stubbing my toe which I think I've broken so that has stopped me doing stuff for now. Thanks for you concern. I know what you mean about the nipping feeling. X

• Posted

I do hope you've not broke your toe, got enough to contend with without that!??

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.