bleeding won't stop

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have constant bleeding with no gap, I have been informed by a friend that if I ask my dr for something to stop it my periods will stop completley in a few weeks. Does anyone knowif this is the case so fed up.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hiya Iv been bleeding 8 weeks now to the point I had to have an emergency out of hours appointment last night they have put me on norethisterone which stops the bleeding can take 3 days to work apparently this is what they give u for menopause and irregular bleeding xx
  • Posted

Carolin, have you had the constant bleeding checked out by your gyn? How old are you and are you peri-meno? How long as constant bleeding been going on? I would ask gyn about it because I have heard they can give something to stop the bleeding.
    • Posted

I am 51 and the Dr told me I' going through peri menopause after giving me an examination

• Posted

Hi Caroline, this is true if you take tablets to slow the bleeding down it can stop your periods

but if you do go on tablets like myself you take them for one or two for 2 days only, that's how I dealt with mine when I was medicated for it ok, hope this helps.

• Posted

my prescription for norathisterone says i have to take three a day is that the normal dose and to take them for three weeks i dont know wether to take them or not.
    • Posted

Yes, take them as directed. It's only for 3 weeks. If you have doubts you should be asking your doctor.

• Posted

Hi well my Doctor said the same 3 times a day but ignore it and as I said only take for 2 days 3 times a day to stem the bleeding,also make sure you don't have fibroid like I did OK.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.