Blip again or need to increase???

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi guys I have been following the posts lately been a few weeks since iv posted! I have felt great even my last TOM was grand and I was working night duty!!! With the night duty I was late taking my meds ranging from 4 hours late to 8 hours late having slept through!! Anyhow yesterday and today iv been so anxious and intrusive horrible thoughts that have annoyed me more than they had lately they were in the distance now I'm having some physical symptoms tho not as bad as when I started these meds I take 20mg cit and 80mg propranalol daily I have had few things on and my hubby was away this week he's home tonight I have always been afraid to be alone at home but worse when he's away even tho I have my 3 boys here! Ahhhh was doing so well too!! Hate jan and feb grrr!!! Hope everyone is well xx

Emma xx

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Oh iv been on meds 3 months now xx
  • Posted

Have you had several days in a row where you've taken your pill late?

Could have unsettled you a bit; eight hours is a long time to go without and if you do that consistently for a week it can make a big difference. Otherwise, any other stress that could have unsettled you?

Give it a couple of weeks. Sounds like a blip. 

• Posted

Thanks Rhys

I was on night duty three nights in a row for three weeks and them days I was late taking them this was a week ago I finished night duty so could it maybe be that? Think it might be a blip has a presentation and have a big assignment needs doing for a course!! But yet I don't feel anxious about that tho it could be the trigger at the back of this ahhh!!

Thanks emz x

• Posted

Yeah mate, sounds like a blip. Night shifts are enough to do anyone's head in, especially this time of year. You're not getting any sunlight and that can play merry Hell with your system. wink

I bought a SAD light when I worked nights, might be something to consider, though I did continuous shifts, 10pm to 6am, rather than intermittent. 

• Posted

Oh tell me about it!! I hate nights thankfully over my career in the health service but I'm hopping for a new job don't think il get away with much of them lol! Must look into that thanks Rhys! Hoping this passes as soon as

Thanks for the reply!

Emz x

• Posted

Hi Emz

Blips (setbacks) are quite common when recovering from depression.  Our nerves are so sensitive so any change is lifestyle, however small, can have an effect on us, even though we do to actually know it.  Taking the medication later than usual could have triggered it, being over tired, nightshift, husband being away ....... anything.  Sometimes they just appear for no good reason at all.

You'll get many setbacks, and each time they come just try to let it be there and don't rush around trying to get rid of it.  It'll go in it's own time.

On the journey of recovery you'll find it's always 2 steps forward and 3 steps back.

K xx

• Posted

oh for goodness sake, I always find mistakes after I've published ....... should have said change IN lifestyle.....

Note to self 'read before publishing' wink

• Posted

Thank you so much kate! I have always been afraid to be alone or in the dark!! Think I need to get out and get exercising more! Thanks again I love your posts!

Emz xx

• Posted

Yes, exercise is such a great way of helping with recovery.  It releases endorphins (feel good hormones) which help relieve depression and anxiety.  Even a walk :-)  

​K xx

• Posted

Just went a lovely walk up the mountains!! Thanks Kate!!

Xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.