Blister on tip of penis, not painful until i take a leak

Posted , 2 users are following.

i have 3 of these blister things, they are not painful unless touched or pee gets on them, I'm not circumcised, and they are on the tip and under the skin.

i had rough sex with my girlfriend and thought it was that but after 2 days these appeared.

she also told me that she was a bit uncomfortable a few days before and could have had a yeast infection.

any ideas what these could be and if i should worry? went to a doctor here in peru but they didn't seem to have a clue and just wanted to give me an injection. difficult being stuck here with the language barrier too.

anyway, anyone any ideas? thanks!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Edited

Hi Haswood,

The commonest cause of painful genital ulceration is genital herpes. Not sure what treatments are available in Peru, but go to a pharmacist/drugstore and ask them for aciclovir tablets, 400mg three times a day for 5 days. Genital herpes in Spanish is "herpes genital".

The differential diagnosis include chancroid and syphilis, but these STDs are relatively uncommon and if you've been in a mutually monogamous relationship with your partner, highly unlikely.

Adhari

• Posted

thank you for the reply. yes just one partner for almost a year and both of us haven't had many partners before.

dam was really hoping it wasn't herpes.

thanks for help, will go to doctor.

• Posted

some good news, went to get check and had a swab taken in the lab here and it's just an infection, figured I should update incase anyone else see the post with the same condition.

such a relif! was so down and depressed about it. so lesson for everyone, just go get checked 😃

• Edited

this is almost 100% herpes please have them swabbed while the sores are still visible. they can prescribe you medication to make transmission less likely.

• Posted

dam! ok thank you. i have just 1 partner for almost a year now. and both of us haven't had many partners in life.

was really hoping it wasn't herpes, she has never had any signs before and nor have i.

thank you for reply.

• Posted

some good news, went to get check and had a swab taken in the lab here and it's just an infection, figured I should update incase anyone else see the post with the same condition.

such a relif! was so down and depressed about it. so lesson for everyone, just go get checked 😃

definitely the best advice in getting swabbed. thanks.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.