Bloating and gas

Posted , 3 users are following.

just finished 7 days on Flaggyl, felt good for a few days. Started eating oatmeal for breakfast. Apple  peeled. Chicken and fish. Was not having a normal bowel movement. No diahrea, just going a little about 3 times a day. 

Yesterday started feeling bloat in lower ab. Last night I took a senokot. Was having terrible gas pain ,that  just seems to sit in my lower ab . This morning still eliminating a little at a time, bloating has let up so feeling some what better.For me it seems that the bloating is causing most of my issues. I just don’t know why I  get bloated. Is it from not having a normal bowel movement  or diet.Back on liquids today. And hope for the best.” Argh” very depressing.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Delores, thats what's happening to me but I still on my antibiotic I still have like 3 to 4 days left on it. Right now I am on only one antibiotic  was you just on Flaggyl only for you DD? If you didn't eat very much those 7 days on the antibiotic then it may take just a bit for a regular bowel movement.  Do you get nauseated any?  I drink lots of water.

• Posted

Hi yes I was just on Flagyl as I get really bad side effects from Cipro.and allergy’s from some of the other antibiotics. So now I am trying to get over this issue without antibiotics. I will give it a couple of days and if it doesn’t seem to be working I will have to see my doctor.I am doing the liquid diet again. The only time I seem to get nausea is when I’m in bad pain. The pain is better today, hurts worse when I walk. Have had Diivertuculosis disease for about 8 yrs with probably 4 Or 5 flareups. Like I said it’s seems the gas pain is the worst. Especially when it is intestinal. 
    • Posted

You sound just like me with the allergic reactions to antibotics I hate it!!!  I have to be on mine for 10 days I got like 3 full days left after tonight’s dose.  Guess you don’t get the blood and mucous with yours like I do. I hate this disease it keeps scammed to death!  What’s the closet was your actual infections like my last one was Jan 2017 and now just 10 months latter back on antibotics!😩

• Posted

My last flare up was in April, but it seems the flareups seem to be coming more and lasting longer then when they first started getting them. I just try and take it one day at a time and knowing tomorrow will be a better day. Have a hard time getting back on a healthy diet after a liquid diet, a lot of gas  after eating solid food, I don’t know what’s up with that. I  only try to take antibiotics when absolutely necessary, have had bleeding once since being diagnosed about 8 yrs ago. Awful disease to deal with. Feel better.
    • Posted

Have you tried Buscopan. It really helps me . I also take cosmocol every day to get things moving . I have only had this since may and I have changed everything. I still have pain most days. Really changed my life . Lost about a stone and a half in weight which I needed , to be honest . I hope you feel better really soon x
    • Posted

My GI doctor gave me  Dicyclomine 20 mg take by mouth 4x's a day,  I haven't taken any as I HATE taking any medicine!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.