bloating and gasey why

Posted , 3 users are following.

People have been asking me about feeling bloated and extra gassy, I got an answer for you. This is from our friend who is a nurse and had her gallbladder took out years ago.

Usually this is caused by fats (ESP dairy ) in the diet that the gallbladder is no longer able to breakdown with an extra squirt of stored bile. Most surgeons recommend the pt continue on a low fat diet post op and add the other foods slowly in sm amts to see how well it is tolerated. miralax can help with constipation.Also avoid carbonated beverages.

I hope this helps you.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Totally agree, but just to add a thing, many patients who have had gallbladder out May also have other gut issues such as diverticulitus and IBSand both these symptoms can have gasses and bloating. Have come to realise how many gut issues are related. But good post.
  • Posted

I have ibs too since high school.
  • Posted

Hi Lori you replied to me and we talked a few times, do you happen to know if when going to the toilet, i.e. bowels if it can be green at any time after gallbladder removal, I had this done 2 and a half weeks ago and last night had a few pains on stomach and back and a few this morning, despite not eating fatty foods and passed green in the toilet this morning, hope you are doing o.k. stella.
    • Posted

Hi Stella. I'm doing o.k. still have good and bad days. My bowls are dark brown but when I wipe I can see green in it. I don't know if its normal, been wondering that myself. I see my surgeon tomorrow for a check up. I'm get pain in my left side, Sunday I had that pain most of the day. But I still get pain in my right side too. I have finding out sleeping is getting harder. I find myself on my side or stomache then I feel sick to my stomach and the pain wakes me up. I'm still sore to the stomach but the holes are healing nicely. The big bruise I had on one of them is almost gone.

I'm still on a low fat diet. I get swollen if I do to much. Been more gassy at times. Some diahrea not a lot. Didn't make it to the restroom a few times. That was the worst. I usuaslly only have that trouble when I have the flu and stuff comes out both ends. So I wasn't exspecting with this.

My husband found me skim icecream and reduced fat oreos. Whoppers don't bug me, I only had six.

Sorry you are getting back pain. My pain seems to be staying in my sides and stomach so far. Husband took us to the store last night. I'm still walking slowly, sure won't when a marathon, I feel like a snail when walking an old one.

I learned from my one mistake when I walked to the store by myself. I have been a good girl.

My daughter was sick last week. Got worse thanksgiving Thursday good thing she had four days off but after the store last night she threw up. So she's home today. I better not catch her bug.

I will check about the green bowels tomorrow, my appointment is at ten pacific time. Hang in there. Trust me I'm not having fun with this thing. Keep me updated.

Lori

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.