Bloating immediately after eating

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hello all,

I am wondering if any of you experience what I have started experiencing / feeling immediately after eating. This started very recently (like from last sunday...)

I have this strange twinge in the stomach it is not exactly pain, but a feeling of some discomfort and after that a feeling of bloated stomach. I usually dont eat with my mouth open, so "eating air" is not something that I do. 

In the first couple of days I had pain around belly button (Google says appendicitis!), but now that has subsided. But this strange twinge / discomfort persists. It does not last very long, but still is nothing that I can ignore (I guess menopause has made me a  hypochondriac eek ). Google tells all kinds of things from kidney ulcer to kidney stones to gas, IBS, constipation. 

I never had any major issues with stomach, but only of late. The one thing that I can think of is I have been eating a little bit of carbs (I follow...or try to follow low carb diet) during the summer hols. But can all this be coz of carbs or are our good old hormones again acting up?

Please do help and tell me if I am just being a big sissy...and shd go back to my usual low carb diet? 

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Please go to your gyn for a check up, and mention your symptoms.  Feeling full and bloated  can also be a symptom of gyn problems.  Your doctor might order blood tests, and an ultrasound.  How long since your last period?  

I don't want to scare you to death--but it would be a good idea to get your lady parts checked out thoroughly..  Best to you! xx

• Posted

Hi Lynda, I had all the check-ups before summer... I had a bleeding after a year of silence and of course got spooked out totally, and got complete check up (blood work, ultrasound, pap smear, biopsy etc etc) and everything was fine. There was a scare of a cyst that needed additional tests / check-up and that too was fine. My first thought too was that it might be gyn related, but as everything was ruled out as recent as 2 months back, I think it maybe something else. 

Had my last proper period almost a year back, and then had a bleeding / period in March and little bit of spotting in June. By all accounts, I am either in menopause of the last stages of peri...

I think I will go to a general doc first and see what they find. 

Thanks a ton for your reply!

• Posted

When I first started peri about 4 years ago, my first symptom besides an erratic period was gastric discomfort.  Out of the blue, I would get awful painful bloating (mostly upper), have no appetite and all foods except the very bland would bother me.  I would have periods of this that would last for 7-14 days and then disappear and all would go back to normal.  I had an upper GI done because I was so concerned but all came back normal.

I am in full blown menopause now (2 years with no period) and still will suffer with bouts of bloating, GERD, etc.  As a matter of fact, I had egg salad for the first time in several months and within 45 minutes of eating was so bloated it was painful.  I took some enzymes which helped. 

What I am finding is that since entering this time of life, things that I used to be able to eat and drink are now off the table unfortunately.  My system is so sensitive now.  

• Posted

Wow! I had the EXACT same symptoms. Was sent for an ultrasound. Had an umbilical hernia. I had surgery a week ago friday. Bloating after eating pretty much gone. Belly button pain gone. Good luck with your diagnosis! smile
  • Posted

Believe it or not hormones run everything! I had symptoms akin to yours 2 years ago, and while getting checked out, they found gall stones. My symptoms had gotten progressively more intense so I got checked out and that's what they found. After I had my gallbladder removed I did get some relief, but I'm still dealing with meno digestive woes.

The good thing is I have to watch what I eat more closely with no gallbladder, but I should've been doing that anyway.

So mention it to your doc...good luck, hon!

• Posted

No No I have this feeling and pain as well ... its f.......................................ked

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.