BLOATING/PAIN ON RIGHT SIDE HELP!!!!!!

Posted , 5 users are following.

my husband is 67 and has had bad bloating, with pain on the upper area of the abdomen, it seems as though it would definately be his gallbladder, but he also has problems with dull aching pain in the left intestine area. he is complaining that it hurts all over, but can also pinpoint that the upper right abdomen (gallbladder) hurts. he becomes bloated no matter if he eats, doesnt eat, drinks alcohol, no alcohol, or lives on water! He gets bloated for what seems like no reason at all. This has caused his quality of life to diminish, along with irritability!  He is MISERABLE!!! he has had an upper gi, lower gi, colonoscopy, and seen several dr's but with no answer's. We are both FED up and desperate, as to where to start, where to go, who to look for, that can give us ANSWERS!!! He's been sufferring with this most of his life. HELP!!!!!!! Can ANYONE RELATE????? PLEASE!!!!!

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

To test for GB they usually use an ultrasound and (better but more expensive) a special kind of MRI scan called an MRCP.  You can google MRCP on this site and in google.  From what you've said it sounds strange they haven't but there must have been a reason.  Talk to your GP about it, perhaps?
  • Posted

Hi he needs a scan.

i suffered for 15 years with constant heartburn , gastritis pain and sudden colic attacks vomiting and absolute agony.. Sometimes we lead doctors I am afraid I did ulcers and nervous stomach ran in my family so I was misdiagnosed .. Then 18 months ago my GP examined me and sent me for an ultra sound scan ... A whole gallbladder full of stones .. All my symptoms made sense .... Within 8 weeks it was removed and my years of agony ended 😀.. While u are waiting for a scan... Try no fat diet no caffeine easy to digest food so bland chicken or steamed fish boiled veg and boiled potatoes.... If it's gallstones the symptoms should settle... 

Your gallbladder stores bile if full of stones it becomes sore with a pain like a mouse is gnawing away at you ... Then when u eat fat or hard to digest food your stomach requests more bile from your gallbladder your gallbladder squeezes and the pain is horrendous if a stone gets stuck vomiting and colic sets in for 6 or 7 hours... 

So try the diet change and get a scan ... Hope that helps 

• Posted

Yes I completely RELATE.

I was diagnosed with gallstones at Christmas last year andhad my gallbladder removed at end of April.

He needs a scan which should show up gallstones if he has any.

If this shows gallstones I would have gallbladder removed sooner rather than later.

Good luck with all this.

Take care and keep in touch

Sarah

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.