Blond Psyllium

Posted , 3 users are following.

A nutritionist suggested I use this to help with IBS with constipation. I think it is making my IBS worse because I have experienced severe bloating, stomach pains and has not improved my constipation. Has anyone tried blond psyllium? what was your experience?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I haven't tried Psyllium but if it is making you worse, maybe try oranges, grapes or prune juice instead. They work for me.

• Posted

psyllium is actually terrible for ibs and causes bloating, gas, cramps and constipation!! its very 'old' advice to give as now its been shown to be inaffective. i'd definitely stop taking it.

if you want a natural laxative try dried fruit or increasing your fat intake. over the couonter options include things like senna or bisocodil (dulcolax)

• Posted

Thank you so much for that information. I thought it was the Psyllium that was making my IBS symptoms way worse, but the nutritionist said I should continue until I see her, even though I told her my concerns. I've just been so desperate because I've tried, so many natural remedies, prescription medications as well as over the counter medications for all my IBS symptoms which include constipation, bloating and discomfort, but nothing seems to work. That's why I continued taking the Psyllium blond but I stopped a few days ago.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.