Blood Clot/HRT Meds

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have just had a DVT in my left leg. Had been on Premarin for many months, which I loved.

?Now I have to come off it, because of the clot. They have put me on a Estradial Patch and

?Estadiol tablet, trying a safer method. Well, I've been through hell. I'm having vaginal burning, like I'm on fire.  Any advice, on what I can use, or ask the Drs. for???  Has

?anyone else had this issue??  I'm about to go crazy.  Thanks!! 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Sorry sweetheart, i only wish i had more knowledge im a new user myself .. i do hope things settle down or the doctor gets you sorted with a drug which suits you.

regards

carol

• Posted

Obviously your body did better with combination in Premarin. (Minus the blood clot). 

There are some comparison charts for different products. It would be helpful to know your age, what dose if Premain you were taking, as well as the dose of patch&  oral combination. Not all products or route of administration are equal. Some work well others not. 

• Posted

Hi.

sorry to hear you had a DVT.

im to looking into a different HRT because Premarin gave me bad headaches thought my head was going to explode.

They have given me a months supply of tiberlone I was on for 15years which iv never had a problem with, I go see my gp end of the month to discuss the options.

bit worried they will not give me anything.

i tried not taking anything but I feel spaced out and hot flushes come. 

But apparently I shouldn't have been on a combination one anyway. 15 years later think it's a bit late telling me

I feel for you hope you get sorted soon.

• Posted

Hi gloried I'm on hrt conti patches, been on them just over a year. I had quite abit of virginal burning to start off with then it settled down. I have had no other side effects x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.