blood clot or early miscarriage? (no image just want opinions)

Posted , 1 user is following.

In the shower today I noticed that I lost a decently sized blood clot. I tried to get a better look at it and there was no weird coloration or anything (just dark blood). I ended my period about a week ago, but on the last day of my period my boyfriend and I had unprotected sex. Sidenote: I am on the birth control pill (and have been for about 2 years). Is it possible that the clot could've been some kind of early miscarriage? Or is it more likely to just be a random blood clot? It is finals week so my body has been under a lot of stress (I've been having diarrhea/upset stomach too). Another side note: last night I noticed that I had a little bit of bloody discharge, but the clot didn't show up until this morning. Lastly, I wanted to add that I sometimes experience random spotting while in the middle of my pill cycle, but have never noticed a clot like this.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.