Blood in Semen

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am 61 and had a biopsy about a year ago. currently taking Proscar for BPH. Few months after biopsy, I start noticed that there is blood in semen when having sex. The urologist said that it is nothing to worry about and stated that it will eventually be gone. I need to hear from others who has the same issue. Thanks. Viet

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Viet.  I would go to another doctor and get a second opinion.  I had a 12 needle biopsy about 14 years ago.  As I remember the first time I cam there was a lot of blood.  The blood only lasted a couple of more times.  I would say after a month it was back to normal.  Take care  Ken
  • Posted

After my 2 biopsies, blood in semen cleared after two weeks. I would also worry if blood was appearing months after the biopsy!
  • Posted

Viet,Don't worry it is normal. My biopsy was on the 1st of  May this year, I have still got blood in my semen (very little now), with the time it will go. 

• Posted

All, Thanks for all your opinions on this matter. I hope it will stop one day. As of last time (2 weeks ago), I still see it. I may have to be patient, wait & see.

Again, thanks for the feedback from you all.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.