Blood in stool

Posted , 5 users are following.

I was diagnosed with diverticulitis 8 months ago. Just a little sore once in a while since. All the sudden I got diarrhea a few days ago and then last night everything was bright red blood. Today was more dark colored like maroon to chocolate looking. I've read about bleeds but real WORRIED. Has anyone else experienced this....... Please help

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I personally would go to A&E or GP you can't be to carful with bleeding. I know some people do bleed with DD but if it's been going on for a few days I would definitely see someone about it 

• Posted

Yes I have. I have had diverticular for 4 yrs now and last June I filled the toilet with bright red blood. It has been on and off since then but mine is always bright red . I was so frightened I went to the doc and ended up in the 2 week window for bowel cancer. To put it mildly I was petrified . I had the camera up yesterday and they found nothing . So it is the diverticulitis. Best to go to doc and put your mind at rest otherwise you will worry yourself silly although I totally understand that you are frightened. Diverticulitis does bleed on and off , sometimes a lot , sometimes a small amount . Be sure and put your mind at rest . Lots of thoughts to you x
  • Posted

Hi Harry 

I was told a couple of years ago that I have the same problem and although everyone does not have the same pain mine can only be explained like a lady having an extremely bad birthing experience which is bad enough but I also have other problems because of an operation that didn't go to good which has left me taking strong painkillers called Pregabalin and I wear Morphine patches and also take Tramadol as breakthrough pain relief.

But back to your situation , I also have the same with the blood but the doctors all say the same thing that there is nothing they can do and you should just keep changing your diet which I do not find helpful but I have read that other people find it helps them for a while. I think if you can get something that helps with your constipation and some proper pain relief then your life will change for the better, I know the passing of blood is a worry but if your GP is okay about it then there is not much any of us can do about that.

I do hope things ease up for you in the future and I wish you all the best so take care of yourself 

Shay 

• Posted

I've read that is fairly common, but I would check in with the doctor.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.