Blood pressure and Anxiety

Posted , 6 users are following.

I am totally freaked out! I have had anxiety and panic attacks off and on for years. But I had it under control thru meds celexa and klonopin. I was going to gym four days a week and do two hour workout sessions. One hour cardio and one hour weights and floor work. But lately I have been going thru some medical tests because of a faint. I noticed when I go to the doctor my blood pressure is high. One time it was 190 over something but dropped down before I left to 155.. I was getting staples out of my head. I bought a blood pressure cuff to make sure I don't have true high blood pressure( yes I am health phobic too) I have kept a record for a couple of months and it's always 120 or under. Sometimes 103 over 66 . So I don't have true high blood pressure. It's white coat phobia. But I have to have a echocardiogram tomorrow and I am restless again. I am wondering is my extreme anxiety going to make this echocardiogram bad?!!! Or the spiking of blood pressure going up when scared is that going to show an abnormally.. Freaking out if anxiety and my blood pressure rising at times will make it bad!! Please reply ASAP as I go tomorrow on the 12 of Oct. Any knowledge will be helpful. I heard one side of your heart muscle can thicken from blood pressure going up and down. But my blood pressure is mostly normal? It's just when I'm scared with anxiety.

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I have the white coat phobia, my blood pressure was 160/90 last time I was at my doctors because of how much I get freaked out about it. However every ECG I've had has come back normal.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.