Blood pressure high with palpitations

Posted , 5 users are following.

I went to the dentist to have my teeth cleaned this dentist does its kind of like the deep cleaning but i just wanted a regular cleaning not one of those cleaning where they go under the gums. they took my blood pressure and it was high they said that they could not do the cleaning because of my blood pressure being high I was also having palpitations with this too 

I am getting tired of my blood pressure being up and down with palpitations 

Just don't know what to do about it all upset just feel like crying sad

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hey Susan, I am sorry for your distress.

I think meditation really helps with blood pressure. My friend has a high blood pressure problem, and she can reduce it with meditation programs. I think guided meditations are the easiest, and you can find many on youtube.

My friend has a blood pressure cuff, and she measured before and after the meditation. She meditated for 30 minutes (which is longer than I ever have, to be honest). Her blood pressure went way down.

• Posted

Do you have high blood pressure routinely or it was only occasional at that time? If high BP is routine issue, you should see MD physician at earliest to find out the root cause of the same.

Studies have demonstrated increased sympathetic activity (increased blood pressure, heart rate and arrhythmia’s) in patients before any dental procedures (including administration of local anaesthetics) reflecting fear and anxiety and the effects of endogenous adrenaline in response to these feeling. Avoid drinking caffeine or other stimulating drinks before going for dental appointments. I also read, many people practice taking antibiotics before going to the dentist for any procedure, including a regular cleaning. However, I am not really sure about this one. Better to get it confirm with your GP.

• Posted

I am on one blood pressure pill Losartan. It was up when i went to see my medical doctors nurse 

It goes up and down with my anxieties and yes i do have a lot of anxieties 

I feel like i need another blood pressure pill besides the Losartan to keep it down

• Posted

Over the last couple of years my blood pressure has gone up a notch and I take a BP tablet for it.

Even so, there is something known as 'white coat syndrome' - situations like doctors/dentists that put up your BP (though in my case it should be 'taking mum shopping syndrome' I can feel my BP rising just thinking about it!rolleyeslol)

I also get palpatations, but I find acknowledging them and taking time out to concentrate on my breathing makes a BIG difference.

I'd say get to your GP and get to the bottom of WHY this is happening. But try not to get into a state about it. Are there any Yoga classes near you? That's very calming.

• Posted

Today my blood pressure was fine it was 130 over 80 around there 

Yesterday the dentist wanted to do a prudontial cleaning and all i asked for was a regular cleaning 

I am having my boyfriend check to see what kind of cleaning he is going to have because he has chipped teeth and his teeth are not to good 

If they give him a regular cleaning than i am going to complain about this to the dentist because i should only have a regular cleaning just the polish 

Not the prodontial cleaning where they get to the gums and clean 

I am getting a second opion with this 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.