Blood results? Is it menopause

Posted , 9 users are following.

Been having night sweats, insomnia, no sex drive, so went dr he done bloods I have results but dr not in till next week. Anyone understand them::

Fsh 6

Lh 21

estradiol 2.161

I'm 38

1 like, 30 replies

Report / Delete

30 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I don't understand the results dawn but from what you are describing it could be sometimes with the menopause its hard to detect with the bloods you have to hope that they are playing up that day and thankfully mine were so I knew I wasn't going bonkers good luck with it and for hot flushes sage is very good and i also take a tincture called black cohosh but there are other things on the market too 

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi

I wanted to let you ladies know there is a dr on YouTube called menopause Barbie she is so informative and talks about everything menopause if only all drs could be informed my friend had her bloodwork drawn and her gyn told her she is close to menopause she skipped a period and thought she was done I had to tell her you have to go 12 consecutive months without a period to be in menopause her dr explained nothing to her she didn't even know that I am a nurse but I did hospice so this isn't my specialty but I have learned a lot about it and especially from the dr on YouTube she is fabulous and answers your comments hang in there

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Perimenopause can last for ten years and yes your young but everyone is different my nightmare started at 41 very subtle with symptoms in the beginning now at 47 ughhh the last year and a half has been a nightmare
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Mine started in 2013 and had no idea what was going on. It progressed and at wits end. If this lasts that long, I'd rather rot in hell. Joking, well maybe not. I have no quality of life going through this BS

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I know how you feel the anxiety the aches pains my periods being irregular that I wear a pad all the time the hot flashes flushes night sweats before my period then the labor pains when I have my period lol I always had bad cramps since I first got it I'm cold then boiling from the inside the list goes on and on just hoping and wishing that one day they all go away my first hope is the period first and for most it just comes at the wrong times and is so painful I could then deal with the other bs symptoms

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up