Posted , 3 users are following.
I open a new post as I understand this would provide more visibility than adding an answer to one of my existing posts. If I got wrong I apologise.
- Very unwell progressively since October 2016
- Diagnosed with hyperthyroidism in December and Graves in January
- I have severe vitD deficiency since 5 years ago and I am on supplements which I keep changing as they don't raise the level in my blood at all
- Started Carbimazole in mid January,20mg/day (10+10)
- Developed a fever 2 weeks into the treatment and 3 consecutive blood counts revealed lower neutrophils, but always slightly within range
- Carbimazole sorted most of my hyper symptoms within 3/4 weeks and I felt much much better up until the next bullet!
- Developed an horrendous rash/hive 5 weeks into the treatment. The day after the rash I felt as unwell as I ever did, I could not keep my eyes open and I had strong stomach cramps. This lasted only that day. Which, by chance, was the day I drew blood for my 5 weeks check (see below)
- I have stopped Carbimazole after the rash arrived and took antihistaminic for 4 days
- The rash has gone completely and yesterday, I feel OK but not as well as before the rash appeared. I seem to have less energy these couple of days...
I have received the results of my bloods that I summarise here below.
TSH (range 0.35-5)
FT3 (range 3.5-6.5)
FT4 (range 9-24)
My neutrophils and white cells are back in the middle of the normal range, which is good!
So my idea is that I have been over medicated, hence the FT3/4values in my recent test and the reaction to Carbimazole.
On Wednesday I see my endocrinologistand and I would like to ask her about a lower dose of Carbimazole (5mg/day perhaps?) and L-Carnitine for the TSH.
What do you think? Is there anything else I should ask her?
P.S. I have got this time Folate and B12 measured as well, I will ask her about them too as they seem a little low to me
B12 (range 200-900) 311
Folate (range 2-17) 3
0 likes, 5 replies