Blood test results.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Got my blood test results.

Creatinine - 0.7. Last time it was 0.6.

Potassium - 4.80. Reference range is 3.80 - 5.10. This is very high.

Urea - 17

Urine results are like ever changing.

Protien - traces present

Rbc - 1-2

Leucocyte Esterase - 1+

Pus cells - 16 - 18

Epithelial Cells - 15 - 20

Bacilli - 1+

I never had all these present before? Are these sign of kidney function reduction?

I have high Triglycerides - 200. Lab range is 150.

Low hdl cholesterol and high vldl.

Do all these contribute to kidney problem.

Can creatinine 0.7 cause pitting edema? It has increased to 0.1 in 3 months. Never had more then 0.6.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

Your results look good, nothing wrong with your creatinine 0.1 is nothing and can happen depending on what you have been doing, your potassium is not high, its within range and as there is potassium in lots of foods it could be that reading due to what you have had to eat before your blood tests.  Your blood tests can vary day to day, or even at the time of day you have them.  As an example I have had kidney failure, dialsysi, transplant the lot.  Some days depending on what is going on I can have bloods done daily, if I have them in the morning my urea can be slightly raised, but the next afternoon it can be right down.  This is because in the afternoon I have been drinking fluids all day where in the morning I have only had a bit.  you have nothing to worry about with the results above.

• Posted

Thanks Helen.

Will stop worrying now. Have an appointment tomorrow with doctor. Let's see what he says. My sodium and chloride levels are bit low 134 and 95. Will have cortisol results by tomorrow so may will get clear understanding of edema cause.

• Posted

Hi,

Its not easy I know.  Like you say wait and see what dr says.  My sodium is 135 and this is within range.  I have patient view its very useful as not only does it give results but it explains ranges and what it means if thiings go up or down I love my patient view smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.