Blood test results

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi I haven't been diagnosed with anything yet but I've never had any test done either. I've been suffering for almost 2 years with sever abdominal pain, diarrhea, constipation, nausea, night sweats and what feels like flu like symptoms with out the fever. Though I've had a random fever before that left my whole body aching an really bad back pain. I got my blood test results and neutrophils were normal as well as my lymphocytes and monocytes. My eosinophils was a tad bit high not much though. However my ALT was high and BUN/Creatinine ratio (Calc) was low, and LDL was high. My upper left side hurts a lot and I assume it's my colon since I have so many bowel issues. When I got my blood test I was feeling good no inflammation at the time and feeling normal for once, of course I would be feeling my best when I have to go get a blood test 😒. Idk if me feeling good that day would effect my results but I have no insurance and was almost for sure for a long time that I had undiagnosed crohn's disease since I fit the profile so well. Any help or information as to whether me feeling good effected my results and if the numbers that are high should be something I should be concerned about?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

My daughter had similar symptoms for 5 years. To cut a long story short, ALL tests normal (apart from key hole she had virtually every gastro test apart from 1). In the end I saw general surgeon as I had always been convinced something was going on inside and I never thought it was gastro. 1st gastro consultant we saw started treading her for crohn's the day we saw him. Turns out she had extensive adhesions, she's never had surgery or an infection I am aware of.

• Posted

Ugh that is so frustrating especially for someone like me who has no health insurance. I was just looking up colonoscopies bc I see a doctor next month for one and will have to pay cash out if pocket ??. I was reading in the web on a forum that it happens all the time, colonoscopies come back healthy, blood test and upper GI scopes. People did say however the pill cam worked for most of them before diagnosis but a few of them didn't. How can something so painful that effects your daily living show up only when it's done so much damagesad

• Posted

When my brother went to the doctor with stomach pain, he was examined when he felt good, with no stomach pain.  However, this didn't stop him from being eventually diagnosed with IBS.  When I went to the doctor with stomach pain, my pain was there on examination. I had many tests and I too was diagnosed with IBS.  It may mean that whatever is causing your pain was not active/in remission when you you saw your doctor.  Your pain not being present at the time of testing, may have nothing to do with the results you get.

As to your tests that showed a high result, it depends on how elevated they were.  If you are concerned about Crohns, ask for a fecal calprotectin test or a colonoscopy.  The fecal calprotectin test will look for signs of inflamnation that may indicate Crohns or other forms of IBD.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.