BLOOD TEST RESULTS ANXIETY

Posted , 5 users are following.

Last December 21, I had my blood taken. It was tested on December 23, and finalized on the 26th. I received my blood results on the 7th of January and all STDs are negative. I was wondering if I had tested too early or not. I had unprotected sex back in the 28th of November and 14th of December. I had my blood drew out on the 21st of Decemeber. I'm planning to have a retest on the 17th of January. The test that they did is an ELISA (I think 4th Generation). I'm scared that I might have tested early for HIV and Syphilis.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

yes too early but good news is at least nothing came back positive. retest at 3 months from last sexual encounter and then again at 6 months to be conclusive with results

• Posted

Are you having any symptoms?

• Posted

i don't see and chancre in my body... but my throat has been a little funny the past days... my throat has been aching mildly and i see a little reddish bumps at the back of my throat and i feel like it is "inflamed". i feel like i'm just overthink and a little anxious... but i think it is better to be sure than sorry...

• Posted

Glad to see that you are aware of your sexual health conditions.

You said that you had 2 unprotected sex (28th/Nov and 17th/Jan), the second one was bit too early to detect, but the first intercourse can be almost ensured that you are negative from stds' infection.

You should have a test in at least one month after the sex bebaviours.

• Posted

Hello, my second one was 14th of December and they tested my blood on the 23rd of December... I had a retest on the 17th of January but my GP told me that the clinic will cancel it out since it is too early for me to have a retest since my last test was december 23rd...

• Posted

4 th tests are quite accurate they can detect hiv within 4 weeks of u protected sex

• Posted

4th gen tests i meant to put

• Posted

u need to retest given the fact u have had unprotected sex in novemeber and december but also took the test in december so that most likely be to soon for an accurate result

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.