BLOODY HEY FEVER! what else??

Posted , 9 users are following.

cry help, as if I haven;t had every other symtom that the peri/menopause has to offer I have now developed allergies.......

truly miserable, especially as my job is so full on caring for people. I really don't have time for this in my life, my eyes water and sting, nose running and headaches.

I can't wear my makeup so I have piggy swollen eyes eek I'm so fed up. It was only whilst reading an article about pollen and other allergens I noticed that it could be related to the change.

Is anyone out there suffering and ANY SUGGESTIONS are welcome confused

Mrs M about to ingest more antihystamine before my gruelling shift tommorrow 

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hello there, oh what joy the menopause is, NOT! ! Lol. If we don't laugh sometimes we'll cry. I have noticed with me I have itchy skin and I sneeze a lot. There is so many symptoms I think, symptoms you wouldn't necessarily associate with it. I have so many pains. I have recently given up my contracted hours as I'm so often not fit enough to work now, something I can't really afford to do but I don't have the energy to be in a job on my feet anymore 😕. Hope you get through tomorrow OK it's not easy x
  • Posted

Yes I have developed allergies to dogs and I am highly allergic to my dog, never had allergies before in my life!!
    • Posted

It's so frustrating, what next???

I'm finding it difficult working with all this going on, insomnia, itchy skin. aching, back mostly and gross weight gain.................................

Before the start of the change I hiked 3 times a week FOR 3 HOURS

I can't afford not to work and although I still enjoy my job I get so tired, it's ridiculous

frown

I have a little cat and hope I don't become allergic to her, I am so sorry about your dog allergy, 

Take it easy hun

• Posted

Well hope you get to feeling better soon, yes i have not felt like working since this all started, but I have no choice, I wish I could find some relief from these dizzy spells I have had for 5 months every blood test and test has came back normal so don't know what else to do
    • Posted

Do you ever feel like you wish something would show up in your blood tests just so they could give you something. I have had recent blood tests for my all over pains and cramping in my toes and feet and everything was normal. I live on painkillers at minute which I don't like, it doesn't even help me really either. My gp just said you could have 3 more years of this yet. Not what I needed to hear 😕
    • Posted

Wish I only had 3 years left I'm only 46 I prob have about 10! Lol! Gosh, I hope not, this is for the birds! Wish you well, hope you feel better!
  • Posted

Yes. Yes. Yes. I have had skin allergies sense being menopausal. ERashes on eyelids, ears, arms...UGH. I hate it. Never had allergies prior.
    • Posted

Yes also back in February I had an allergic reaction to neosporin of all things and it was a huge reaction took 2 1/2 months to heal and I was left with a scar of my face from a secondary infection from that! Ugh! What next!!
  • Posted

There may not actually be a significant blood test yet? to identify the effects of menopause, I don't think the condition is being treated as serious enough. 

But we know it's just awful cry

Remember not all women suffer from these effects and that makes it more difficult to be taken seriously

We have to hang on in there, WE KNOW IT'S REAL wink 

• Posted

Hi there I know just how you are feeling I thought mine was hayfever especially to tree pollen I thought it was clearing  up but oh no it's worse than ever my ears are blocked sinuses hurt and my head feels like it's under water. I also feel dizzy and lightheaded but I suppose that's because I'm all blocked up. This doesn't help my anxiety levels at all. Just fed up all the time ohh and forgot to mention for all I'm am quite fit do plenty of walking and not over weight I feel like a 90 year old when I get out of bed with aches sometimes I have started to get cramp in my legs ohh the joys ha ha.
  • Posted

Dear MrsMerm,

Yes i too get the watery eyes, i have a little tip which might work (it seems to work for me) i seem to get this first thing in the morning so i put some make up remover (eye) on a cotton pad and put on my eyes and let sit on lashes and rub them a little, it seems to take away the worse of it, it might not work for everyone but it does me. I have the tears streaming down face normally! As for un clogging sinuses i read this tip of putting, well pressing finger between eyebrows in the middle while pushing tongueup on to roof of mouth, it is suppose help drain the sinus, i'm working on that one to see if it helps, will try anything when desperate!

• Posted

That was like me over the winter nose running sneezing nose bleeds i have sleep apnea and have to use a c-pap machine 
  • Posted

Hi there,

I am 49 years old and just starting to experience all the wondeful signs of peri-menapause. I have never had an allergy in my life, and have always been a pet owner. OMG what the heck is going on? In the last year I have had terrible allergies(seasonal...hayfever, seezing, sinuses driving me nuts!) This has been bearable only because I take medication to help relieve the symptoms, but then I have to combat the drowsyness you get with the medication. I do work full time so this can be a big problem. It does make yu feel "sick" thought. Its hard on yur body fighting off allergies. Best of luck to you. Tip: waterproof mascara!

• Posted

yes B, currently taking antibiotics and have picked up more antihistamine stuff today, it's miserable isn't it hun. I am postive that the peri-meno can develop these allergies in some women and would welcome some advice from a (gynologically lead) documentary  portraying real women who also suffer like this, and showing the dire effects the change can have on the lives of some females.

NOBODY SEEMS INTERESTED rolleyes 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.