Bloody mucus in stool

Posted , 4 users are following.

is brown / bloody mucus in stool a symptom of pancreas problem . i had bowel issues back last may , they lasted 4 months then returned to pretty much normal for 4 months now have flared up again ??? i did have slightly raised calprotectin but colonscopy and endoscopy were clear , my currant symptoms are,

mucus , wind, loud stomach loose stools worse first thing in yhe morning The only reason i am concerned about pancreas is beacause i have upper mid left back pain which may or maynot be linked

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

If it were your pancreas then you would be in unbearable pain. Vomiting, nausea, extreme weight loss, itching and pain after eating are just a few of the symptoms. If you're young, it's even more unlikely. I am in my 30's and only have pancreas issues because I was born with two pancreatic ducts.

• Posted

Pancreas issues have its own presentation. Have you been tested for the pancreatic Enzymes Lipase etc?

Blood in stool is never a sign of pancreas related issues. It can be something to do with your intestines like IBS, Mucus is one of its symptoms. Pains anywhere in the abdomen and back can be related to several GI problems. The pancreas being the rarest.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.