Blurrrrr eyes

Posted , 8 users are following.

Anyone have trouble with blurry eyes some days and not so bad on other days? Have had vision checked. Where a mild prescription for reading. But some days the glasses don't even seem to help? And dry tired eyes too?

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi Loretta,

Yes I used to have those blurry eyes and dry too. When I was in early peri.

I needed reading glasses like you but sometimes they didn't seem to be doing their job very well.

I also found if it was just getting dark or very overcast outside it was worse I needed to put the lights on earlier if I was reading.

Every 2 years needed a stronger glasses prescription for about 6 years then they seemed to settle down a bit.

I'm on HRT it hasn't made my eyesight any better but my eyes don't feel as dry and scratchy as they did.

• Posted

Everything feels dry, including my eyes... so I've been using lubricating drops occasionally. my vitamin D was super low so they put me on $50,000 Iu's for 2 weeks, and now I'm on 5000 It's everyday. finally had to take a vicodin today for the severe wrist ankle pain and pain in my right ring finger. luckily it does not make me sleepy but one cannot live on pain meds. this is a dirty rotten trick that shouldn't happen to any of us
  • Posted

I also have blurred vision and have always had excellent sight. 

It it could be that we don't get the same amount of sleep as before.   That and reading, or electronics etc... Can also tire the eyes.   Perhaps even some medications. 

• Posted

Yes blurred dry watery eyes had it all, plus sensitive to sunlight, suddenly at fifty needed reading glasses had migraine auras and twitching eyes to so you're not going insane just into meno xx
    • Posted

Hi 

I've just started with the watery dry eyes 😥 It's a nightmare ! Can I ask you what you used to help ? Tried some Hypromellose drops, but not sure if they are the best ones ?  Has it got any better for you ?

Many thanks 

''Deb x

• Posted

I have just used over the counter eye drops for dry eyes. Not helped much but fella good for a little while. I work in the computer all day which doesn't help!
    • Posted

Dear Debbie,

Mine seem to water mainly in the mornings, i did get some drops for dry eyes but it seems to come and go. I find if i get a cotton pad with some eye make up remover it seems to help! It seems to calm it down, sometimes they water when im in the shops which is quite annoying but like i said it really does come and go x

• Posted

I have the blurred vision some days, then it just goes away. I have the dry, watery, and twitching eye too. I haven't tried anything for it but yes it happens.
    • Posted

Yes i forgot about the twitching eyes it went away but seems to have returned!
    • Posted

Yes lol i was paranoid people were thinking i was winking at them! Even getting drops of water on my eyelashes would set off the twitching!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.