blurry vision

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi eery one..please can any one re assure me, ive noticed ive had blurred vision sometimes when I go into shops with lighting on, it,s really worrying, could it possibly be any thing to do with anxiety, as I have bad health anxiety and this is getting me really worried now..Please help me 

2 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi I think I sometimes get this, it's  like my eyes can't concentrate on things properly. I do need glasses when I use the computer because of the glare, so it might be due to that. Do you wear glasses at all, it might just be due to needing to wear them abit more often 
    • Posted

I do have glasses for reading but not for any thing else..I,m on my computer for hours sometimes too and I dont wear them or feel I need to but it,s when I go into shops I notice it, and it,s scaring me now..Thanks for your reply x
  • Posted

This is very common especially in people with anxiety who are hyper sensitive to light and sounds etc,shops can be sensory overload and are well known for using very artificial and often over bright lighting.

Every single time i go to one particular supermarket and walk through the middle of it which is the most well lit area my vision blurs especially if my anxiety is especially bad that day.

Even my husband who has no anxiety has experienced a blur in his vision in shops at times, it's very much to do with the artificial and bright lighting they use which for an anxious person can especially play on the senses.

• Posted

Thank you for your reply, I really do hope your right and it, really is just connected to anxiety, as like i said earlier I suffer from bad health anxiety so this is making me worry so much..
    • Posted

It really is very common, of course it never hurts to get your eyes checked, i had mine checked a few weeks ago but there were no problems, lighting in shops can be horrible and definitely cause blurred vision.
  • Posted

than you again for all replies..
  • Posted

hi

​same here but i have had it for years, sometimes lasts months on end and then it can ease off.very common with anxiety sufferes, cant read most shop signs and feel a little off balance sometimes,even makes you feel concerned about large glass panels.

• Posted

Hi Wayne, thanks for your reply, I know every one keeps saying its probably anxiety but I still worry so much...do you have health anxiety too?
    • Posted

hello

​yes it started in march last year, at deaths door didnt want to be here,every symptom possible. after a long time on sertraline,propranolol became a much different person for the better, now added to the list of meds is quetiapine which knocks me out for 12 hours, because before this i was not sleeping enough,now feel so much better, it just takes time

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.