Body is very ache!!!!

Posted , 5 users are following.

I had my PKR 11wks. ago this week. I'm back to work full time (mostly on my feet).

I am back to Bowling, but only 3 games once a week.

Well for the past few days, my body feels exhausted and my right side is in pain (surgery was on my left knee). I think i pulled a muscle (how, I don't know).

Has anyone else felt awful after 10wks of surgery?

Any suggestions on what I can do to get my energy back up. I Feel so awful after work each day.

Not a great feeling.

All suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks & GOD BLESS

0 likes, 6 replies

Report / Delete

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi there I'm not a medic of any kind just on the same journey as you I would guess being tired is because you have not been working for almost 3 months and it takes body and mind time to catch up. As for pain on the other side maybe that because you wouldn't have been walking as well as you should and I'm sure will when you are 100% better 

Just some thoughts but sometimes it's just good to hear what someone else thinks hope it helps take care and don't over do it

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Way too much to quick. You feel worn out because you are. 3 months to get the anesthesia and drugs out of your system even if you are one of the lucky ones that were able to get off pain meds quickly. Back off and get some rest.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hello !

I am 9 weeks PO PKR . Last week I began trying to get back to doing more walking and some biking and free weights upper body. I am so beat ! Feels like I've never worked out before . Body aches bad and very weak. We have to slow down I guess. Slowly work back into the more strenuous activities. Surgery beats the heck out of our bodies I am learning .

We will get there slow but sure.

Take care

Debbie

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Forgot to say I went back to work at week 5 full time . It was very difficult up until last week when I feel I turned a corner . I was tired a lot and knee kept swelling . Now at almost 9 weeks I'm feeling so much more like my self which is why I started the workouts . Of course I realize I need to back off of that .

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I give you credit for getting back to work so soon. I am almost 5 months and could never be back on my feet all day. Thank God I am retired! ! There are days like today that I still feel exhausted all day. All of your energy is being taken up by your knee in the healing process leaving little left for the rest of you. You need to rest as much as you can and still elevate when you can . The healing process could last more than a year. Good luck!
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up