Books and other resources

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am having my repair done in two and a half weeks.  Very excited to finally get my rectocele repaired!

I really like reading up to be prepared and get more information.  I just ran across a book last week that was really helpful.  I thought some of you might be interested, but I also wondered if there were any other resources like this that I was missing.

‘Pelvic Floor Recovery – A Physiotherapy Guide for Gynaecological Repair Surgery’ by Sue Croft (pain to order from OZ, but decent price as an ebook)

Any other resources like this?  Or other useful resources, especially on recovery and exercising after recovery?

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

The best information you can get on recovery and exercise will be from your Urogynaecologist and if possible a physiotherapist who is specially trained in pelvic floor/urogynaecology. A lot if Urogynaecologists have physios as part of their team. You can always ask to see her while you are in hospital.
    • Posted

I'm definitely not going to do anything before my doctor says it is ok.

The recommendations in the book I found were a lot more cautious than what my doctor said so I don't think it will cause any issues smile   My doctor also didn't have enough time to go into this much detail about anything, so I found the book helpful and I was wondering if there were any other good resources that I missed.

• Posted

Hi dorryc,

Michelle Kenway, physio on this forum 'stephannie'

Suggested this one ax well as sue croft as being very good.

Phyl xx

• Posted

I double checked Sue Croft's book, and the book she recommends about pelvic floor safe exercise is a book by Michelle Kenway.  The one Croft mentions is "Inside Out" but I think Kenway has written a second book now, for prolapses, as well.

I sent her a direct message -- hopefully she can help me sort out which of her 2 books is right for me smile

• Posted

Hi Dorryc,

I've not started any exercises yet bar my pelvic floor ones and just started swimming.

Let us know how you get on with the books!

Phyl xx☺

• Posted

I will let you ladies know how the exercise books work for me.  I haven't had my op yet so it will be a while before I am doing the exercises, but I will read the books once I get them.  I haven't ordered them yet and it should take a few weeks once I do, as they have to be shipped internationally.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.