Boost your immune system during this time ! Warning !!

Posted , 8 users are following.

Just a word of warning .... I thought I just had very severe meno symptoms but knew I was more fatigued and depressed than anybody else . 

I diagnosed myself after 6 months and yes blood tests have confirmed I have Epstein Barr .. Mono ...

It can reactivate when your hormones drop so lysine is a great immune booster .

And if you’re feeling exhausted rest ! I pushed myself for months as in meno they say ‘keep exercising ‘ which is way bad for mono ! 

I hope nobody goes through what I’ve been through ...it’s been HELL!! 

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Lori,

I have had EBV since my late 20’s. Was diagnosed with a blood test. My antibodies were threw the roof and my doctor confirmed my fatigue was not all in my head. Amen! It may go into hiding but stress brings it on, viruses too. It’s true exercise can make it worse. I tried going to the gym or exercising at home. It wears me down. I’m gonna be 56 next week and had my last period the end of December so hopefully i’m Done. I wonder how many others that suffer so much my have EBV and not know it.

• Posted

Yes Nancy .. something just clicked after months of debilitating fatigue and I knew from a test years ago that I had it but never activated. 

So I demanded a test and was right .  I certainly hope I can get back to my running when I’m better . Just long walks for now when I have the energy . 

• Posted

Oh wow Lori! So all this time and it's been that all along (possibly with meno thrown in)!?

Well I'm glad that you finally have this diagnosis as it means you can now hopefully take/use what is needed to help you regain some of your former self. 

You certainly have suffered. 

Hope from now things get better and better for you. 

Fingers crossed. Stay upbeat. 

AJ. xx

• Posted

Yes ! I can’t believe it but knew and not to be a martyr but that I was going through everything worse than anybody else . 

Just  a waiting game now 🙄 I’m afraid ... waiting for it to go dormant . 

• Posted

Wow Lori!  No wonder you are dragging ass!  What were your lab numbers?...I had mine tested in January...however, mine was interpreted as a past infection...

EBV viral capsid AG ...212 high

EBV nuclear AG........502 high

• Posted

Hi Lou !

I just got the paperwork yesterday 

Mine is  

So yours is pretty high also but you don’t have symptoms ? Im sick as a dog ... and so scared of this thing . 

• Posted

Hi Lori!  As of now... I have terrible vertigo and get tired easily.  I am up and around better than I was.  Drive if necessary.  had a couple months that I could not get out of bed, sad, sleeping a lot...dead feeling.  

Now, I get this full body fatigue, out of nowhere... but not yawning...just enough to have to sit down...couldn’t take a nap if my life depended on it!  out of the house a lot this past week...I went to a book store and when I looked up to the high shelves, my vertigo went crazy!!  Just made an appointment with a nuerotorologist.  An ENT, but neurological.  It’s not until the end of Nov.  I have to travel 2 hrs each way to our capital city, but they are the only ones do comprehensive vestibular testing in my state.  I figure that will give me a couple of months to try the BCP and the migraine med...then see where I am at.  

It is interesting that my numbers are very high too...but yours were interpreted as reactivated EBV.  I had my testing done through a integrative medical facility in January ...and paid out of pocket for all but the labs.  I also tested negative for mono in Dec... I had gone to the ER with massive headache and vomiting...CT scan showed sinus infection.  Also, they did a spot test for mono...negative. Lumbar puncture for neuro lyme and meningitis...negative.  Have you ever run a a fever during all of this?  I just hope they can treat you.  I know you don’t want pity...but, my god, you deserve to feel better.  Hope you are not asleep by now reading this post 🤗

• Posted

No no fever but I do get the chills . I’m so glad you got good service at the hospital if they had done the test for me maybe it would be a different story right now ! 

I had to diagnose myself and request the test . It sounds like you had it for a few months but it’s probably dormant right now . I’m now scared to death of this thing .... it’s so powerful !

I too have vertigo right now ... went to have a bath and put my head under water and bam ! 

Vertigo ! I can live with it as have had it on and off for many years . 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.