Botched Sebacious Cyst Removal? Not Healing!

Posted , 1 user is following.

About a month ago, I had a benign cyst removed from my upper back/shoulder area.

I have been back to the PA who performed this seemingly routine removal three times,once before the two-week follow up to remove stitches and once afterward.

It looked way too red and irritated and was oozing blood well after it should have been. My wife and I were (and still am) religiously dressing it with Aquaphor.

Well, the PA looked at it and said it looked as if it had been "pulled down" somehow. so, there was now a hole? Zero idea how. I didn't lift heavy objects, just went about my daily business. Although she had said it was not infected, she gave me a course of doxycycline and also gave me Mupiricin cream for my dressings just in case.

This was two weeks ago, but I started taking the Doxycycline a week ago because although I don't like bathing my blood in antibiotics, I started fearing the worst. My most recent visit (last Monday) I was assured it was coming along, albeit slowly and to come back in two weeks for a wound check.

Well, I am convinced something is very wrong. I can't say it hurts a lot and doesn't look like it is spidering out into my body, nor do I have a fever. But this nasty center looks redder than ever. I am not diabetic.

Seeking a second opinion Tuesday at another office with an MD this time.

WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON?!

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.