Botox DO NOT DO IT - CNS - WITHDRAWAL - WARNING

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hey everyone,

A week ago today I got botox for the very first time.  I'm only 29 and got it by impulse.  The next day I started feeling sick and vomited everywhere.  That night I had such bad panic attacks, anxiety, awful thoughts etc.  I knew it wasn't from withdrawal because I only cut 5% every 2 weeks and my symptoms are mild.  I went to the ER and they told me I had an adverse reaction from botox, one that 10% of people get.  I called allegran and they confirmed my side effects.  It feels like the worst withdrawal times ten, google botox and panic.  After doing relatively well on my taper I can't believe I'm going through this because of botox.  Every morning I wake up with fast heartbeat, sweating, nausea, extreme panic, fears, phobias, all related to stupid botox.  I google EVERYTHING I put in my body but I didn't google botox because I never thought this would happen.  The worst is no one can tell me when it will go away it can last from weeks to months to years.  Usually doctors put people that this happens to on benzos for a couple months until everything calms down but I'm withdrawing from benzos!  I'm so hopeless,  I didn't think I would experience these feelings before I got off the benzo.  I don't want to updose.  I'm so sad and so stupid.  I'm going to be crossing over to valium, do you think this will help at all?  Thank you.  Botox equals starting at step 1, don't do it. 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Aww your not stupid you were just trying to make your self feel abit better. I had know idea botox could make you feel bad can't you see your doctor about your meds .I know your weeping yourself off the benzodiazepines but just see what he says and no way are you stupid it's just a shame you've had a bad reaction xx

• Posted

Just remember its anxiety and try not to be afraid of the sensations, try some slow breathing exercises, meditations and don't focus on it - you will get through it, it's only temporary remember that. Nothing lasts forever smile it just feels like it when you have anxiety! Remember your body is durable - it can handle A LOT, so it can handle a bit of botox - no problem at all! It's just your mind. But you are in control of those thoughts! Try the slow-breathing and guided relaxation meditations  - they really help. smile You will be OK. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.