Bowel issues

Posted , 5 users are following.

About 3 days ago I had a normal bowel movement but since then all of them had been small thin stool. I went to the doctor yesterday and he thinks ibs and ordered a CT scan. The only symptom of ibs that is different from what I am having is small traces of blood on the toilet paper which is what worrying me. I've also had some severe anxiety lately from withdrawal of my anxiety medicine . Does think this is definitely IBS or could it possibly be something worse because this is all I can think about. And im only 29. Any ideas?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Getting an all clear from the Dr. first, then you know it is caused from anxiety, which means you are fighting your mind. Tough stuff, if you are not taking meds you are withdrawing from them, two problems,  your mind can be tricked into thinking all is well, try faking it till you make it. Make yourself laugh fake a laugh, you mind does not know the difference. Get up eat dress get moving be with people that care about you and live your life, be happy or fake it. Try fake laughing 3 times a day. Things will be better. You are your worst enemy, make friends with yourself give yourself a break. Count your blessings but sleep, eat, move,  live. Good luck old lady advice, I am not a Dr.
  • Posted

One issue I have with my IBS with constipation, is hemorroids.  And I have also had rectal fissures over the years, which bleed.  If the blood is red, it is likely something like that.  I wouldn't panic, because I have been there.  

• Posted

Do you have any haemorrhoids or fissures?  Telk your doctor about the bleeding.
    • Posted

He checked and didn't see a hemroid on the outside he didn't check for internal but a lot of the times after I wipe it's burn and itches really bad

• Posted

If you've only had problems for 3 days then you don't have IBS. Thin stool plus little bits of red blood sounds like piles. Don't worry about it. You can but haemmaroid cream over the counter from the pharmacy easy enough.

• Posted

Thank you for responding. Things seem to be getting better especially when my anxiety wears off and I finally had a normal bowel movement so I'm guessing it was mostly just my anxiety or I'm.becoming a hypcondriac but I'm still going to continue with the doctor to make sure it's nothing to serious

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.