Bowel problems

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have had anxiety, now severe anxiety for most of this year.  I am very stressed now as i have not had a solid poo for months.  I have to go to the toilet urgently every morning and my bowel is uncomfortable.  Getting so stressed there is something wrong as i have also lost weight.  Has anyone else had this? xx

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi, yes I have, I think we get irritable bowel induced by anxiety and stress, and stress makes you lose quite a bit of weight, I had the same, but your mind does overtime, try and calm down, and get back on an even keel, and you should find it will slowly dissipate, and get back to normal, unless you have any other ailments that would indicate illness then see your gp.
  • Posted

catherine23104 i have had half my Bowel out Gang Green since them cronic diarrhea the Dr, in Melbourne put me on Questran Lite it absorbs the bile acid in your Poo and stops the Diarrhea ask your GP about it i have been on it for 30 years i mix it with orange juice stoped diarrhea right away cheers let me know how you go i found if i drank less i was not going so often to
  • Posted

Catherine I am so surprised that you GP hasn't given you some Diazapam to at least give you some rest bite even if its short term. Anxiety will make your stools pretty bad you need something to just calm your body down so you cna re sync at least.
    • Posted

Since the reclassification of drugs Drs are very very reluctant to give diazepam as its addictive xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.