BPH and prostatitis.

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all,

Hope you are feeling not too bad and are coping with whatever you are suffering from.

I was diagnosed, by my GP, with BPH about three years ago although I have been having symptoms for way longer than that as I kept putting off bringing it to his attention.

My question is can BPH lead to prostatitis, non bacterial? I ask because over the past several months I have been experiencing a lot of 'discomfort' after urinating such as stinging, burning, which extends the length of my penis way back up between my legs and 'deep inside'. Along with this is the constant, and I mean constant, feeling of wanting to 'go'. Sometimes the stinging seems to turn to a dull sort of ache which is difficult to describe. Along with this is an intermittant feeling that I am going to wet myself as it feels a 'spurt' of urine is making its way down my penis but only one one occassion, thankfully, has anything actually leaked.

I went to my GP about a month ago now and he did a urine test but it was clear. He has referred me to the hospital to see a urologist as I also had another instance of difficulty in urinating but my appointment is a month away.

The 'discomfort' comes and goes over several weeks or months, or so it seems, but when it comes it drives me to despair.

I take Tamsulosin and Finasteride

Just wonderd if anyone else is suffering similarly.

Best wishes and thanks for reading.

0 likes, 28 replies

28 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Stephen

Just be strong i know its a nightmare mine came and went but came when i did any running or jogging a constant ache all night followed by sickness pain and fever , it was like someone was ripping my testical off even though the pain was on the base of the penis

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.