Brain MRI - Help Understanding

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi Everyone,

I got the results from my brain MRI today - I picked up the radiologists report cold and my doctor of course never called me nor returned my phone call. I was hoping someone can help me interpretating his findings because I'm freaking myself out.

Directly abutting the superior colliculus is a 7x6x8 mm mildly FLAIR hyperintense mass. A punctate foci of susceptibility is noted anteriorly within the mass likely reflecting a small calcification. No acute intracranial hermorrhage, extracerebral fluid collection, or midline shift. No acute infarction. No abnormal susceptibility. The cerebral volume is appropriate for the patient'a stated age. The ventricles are normal in size and configuration. The visual paranasal sinuses are essentially clear. No suspicious marrow signal.

His impression was:

7x6x8 mm mass in region of the pineal gland which may represent a proteinaceous cyst. Thin section pre and postcontrast coronal and sagittal T-2 weighted imaging of this region is recommended for further evaluation provided there is no contraindication. No acute intracranial hemorrhage or transcortical infarction.

Any help figuring this out will really help ease my anxiety.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I really do urge you to wait until y can get feedback from your dream. I can't imagine how frightening it must be to be dealing with this level of uncertainty, but, sadly it's possible that feedback you might get could make everything seems even worse. Hold on to the fact, that, throughout our lives our brains can pick up some very strange 'quirks', shall we say. I wish you all good luck. If there's someone you can lean on, do so.

• Posted

Where it says dream, it should read DR

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.