Brain tumour fear just won't go away?

Posted , 7 users are following.

I've posted numerous times about my brain tumour fear and how it's affecting me and although the fear subsided, I'm now scared again. The symptoms I had before have now gone, but I now have this tremor in my left arm which was the same side my eye was being stupid.

It came on this morning after carrying an A3 sketch book to school, it would only happen when I bent my arm up to my face then my hand would shake and my bicep was shaking too. It stopped half way through the day, but I've now carried it home again and it's back? Do you think this is a brain tumour or just because my muscle was locked into contracting for 20+ minutes each way?

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Have u ever got checked it out. MrI or anything
    • Posted

When I was younger around 10, I had an MRI to check for brainn tumour then but apart from that no.
  • Posted

Hi Conor

This is caused by anxiety too, I have the tremor in my arms and before i had it in my eyes. THis is stupid but it goes away. Just tak it easy you dont have a brain tumor.

Hugs

• Posted

Thanks, do you think that if it goes away as my eye symptom did, to not be worried?
    • Posted

Yes I think so. And if it didnt go away. You can go to the doctor and see what it is about. But please give it sometimes.

• Posted

Yeah it only started last week, and I think the eye thing was anxiety. I think it started with me crossing my eyes purposely and then me thinking about it caused my eye to do it. This would make sense as it went away when I wasn't thinking about it.
  • Posted

Hi what symptoms are you having? I had a headache for a whole month solid last year and I convinced myself I had a tumour but I think it's because I always woke up thinking oh my headache will be here in a minute and guess what it was! It seems the more we think about things the symptoms seem to come it's all in our heads I do hope that you feel better x
    • Posted

Thankyou, at the moment I'm only having this weird shaking in my hand and bicep when i pick up an iphone but that has seem to gone now but it's just a matter if it comes back. . Last week I had this eye movement that felt like my left eye was going into my nose, I don't actually know if this actually happened or it just felt like it. I had also been watching a lot of Netflix on my phone that week, late at night in the dark, quite close to my face. I've also felt like I had memory problems, forgetting words and stuff, when speaking and writing I've been messing my words up too, for example putting "the the" or forgetting to put is in the wrong order. No headaches or seizures. I'm just too terrified to go to a Doctor incase it is something sinister.
    • Posted

If it was anything sinister ie a tumour you would be waking up being sick and your head would be banging I went to see a consultant who did these neurological tests because of my bad headaches and honestly as soon as I got told there was no way I had a tumour within a day my headaches had gone it's because I thought about these symptoms too much and they came on so maybe it's worth you asking for a neuro check it will put your mind at rest I promise
    • Posted

I might, I'm seeing my first appointment with a counsellor on Sunday, so I'll probably talk to her about it. And if it still hasn't gone after next week. I might go to the Doctor's.
    • Posted

I honestly think that you are fine Conor but if it puts your mind at rest defo book an appointment it's good your seeing a counsellor too as this may be all you need to help
    • Posted

It's no problem I know how it feels to be worried about such things but I promise it does get better keep strong

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.