Irritabality

Exhaustion

And a world that doesn't get it

2 likes, 18 replies

Report / Delete

18 Replies

• Posted

Hi There,

Pretty sure that isn’t crazy ! inability to converse could be depression however it could be other things too. I did have these symptoms when I was diagnosed however there were other symptoms too.

First step is to go to your GP and have a chat about how you are feeling be honest tell the doc everything so he/she can give an accurate diagnosis/treatment. 

All the best!

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Oh, bless you, it isn't fair that you have to suffer this way.  I am so, so sorry and my heart aches for you.  I would do anything to help relieve your suffering, but there is nothing I can do.  I can only keep you in my thoughts and hope for a miracle (and they do sometimes happen). 

Make sure you are taking your meds properly and don't hesitate in contacting the emergency services if you need them.  There is always some alternative .

Take care,

Patxxxxxx

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thank you Patricia for your thoughts and ifs any concilation my heart aches too for I have tried and done what I should to stave off complete mess, yet to no avail sadly. Xx
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi I think the whole  world understands the above,  but what they don't get is the permanant part of it which is depression.  Depression is what they don't understand isn't it?    Some people do understand and have suffered it themselves.  Have you got no one in your life to talk to about it?   A relative or a friend?  

Are you having counselling at the moment or doesnt it help?   I don't know really what else to say because I do agree that is it one of the last taboos in our society and i wish it wasn't.   It would help all of us then.  All I can do is wish you all the best and that we are always here.    Take care  Bev x

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Unfortunetly on a day to day basis my nearest and dearest are contributors to my low self asteam and thus add fuel to my depression, which needs no help !

I have got cpn, psychiatrist, GP etc and have had for many years infact since childhood and I am now 43.

I have as always felt this coming and have accessed all relevant support the problem is that it's never quick enough to kick in as mental health services are chronically underfunded ! But that's a whole conversation my brain is incapable of dealing with right now xx

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

The world will never get it Crazycat, but most people on here can hear you loud and clear...I just wanted you to know, even though I am at a loss to advise any particular route you should take as you say you have been there done that and got the T shirt. All I can say is you are in my thoughts, there are many many people that can listen on here so try to keep intouch..Take care jx 
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thank you Jayne and yes this site gives people like me a voice and more importantly one that is heard and understood hence my continuation to be part of this comunity. I struggle with the fact that the world in general is still so ignorant to mental health issues particularly with current press on it and such loses as that of Robin Williams.

We are all human beings and how have we got it so wrong ? And not just on this issue but yet again that is a huge debate that I am too tired to get into. Love to my fellow travellers

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I too have MH issues anyway besides that I have a severe spinal injury and It,s amazing how many people say to me " you don,t look ill " to which I reply "and you don,t look stupid, oh how looks can be deceiving" lol it takes them a while for the penny to drop. Yes MH comes with all sorts of taboos and labels we are a nation of ignoranuses .....mad
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Ok peeps knew strange thing going on tonight, best way I can explain is a strange physical feeling like my brain is being peeled from my skull ? Not painfull but annoying as comes in waves and my heart rate goes up and I keep drawing in a deep breath like I'm not taking in enough oxygen ?

Going to go with anxiety but strange to me none the less !

Also felt disconnected from everything all day like I was in a sort of daydream ? Was at work and going through the motions but not there ?

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

rIm no expert but ....actually I am when it comes to classic disassociative or derealism..These are coping mechanisms to just shut down and go through the motions when feeling overwhelmed. I asked my psychiatrist if this was a conscious decision or is it a choice...she replied with mainly you dont consciously decide to shut down, it,s usually related to anxiety disorders or a trigger of an event that was unpleasant.  I often liken it to being in a fish bowl..or im on the  outside looking in on the world and its happenings....Its the reconnecting that I struggled with because I found my fish bowl world less chaotic....Does that make any sense to you at all? or maybe I should just head for the fish bowl idea
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Can I join the fish bowl plz ?

But yes you're right Jayne, I definetly can't cope with anything, just before this happened my iratibility to everything was sky high and I cried at everything at anytime so i think my need to keep me in " check " as it were meant I have now gone into " shutdown " and almost feel, as you say like I'm on the outside looking in !

Unfortunetly my meds review with my psychiatrist was cancelled this week and I have now got to wait until wed next week for a referral to a respite house which we have locally and is offered as a preventative to a hospital admission. In the mean time as always the world keeps turning and won't let me off so I have to just hold on for all my worth ! Thanks for chatting though, it does help xx

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Of course theres room just let me shimmy over a bit..hang on b4 you jump into the fish bowl you do realise fish drink their own pee..lol so take the plunge and we can watch the world go round together jx
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Awesome ! Thank you, ah no worries consumed worse as have pica ( google it ) and although a fallacy ? Fish are supposed to have a 3 second memory which I would love so I'm in, budge up :-) xx
      Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up