Breakdown

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had a breakdown down earlier and thought a walk would help so I looked up at a mountain and I thought I would go up there but I ended up at the doctors to talk to someone but the receptionist said I could not see anyone even after telling them how I felt but she said I could have a doctor ring you but what if I did go up the mountain and did something stupid all because I could not have seen a doctor I think it is absolutely disgusting that no one was available to see me any advice please

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

How are you now Liam? You handled things well, you coped. You are to be congratulated. Think of what you acheived. Try to put this behind you.

​Did you actually get to speak to your dr?

• Posted

Do you have a family doctor? If so I would recommend making an appointment to discuss this. Tell them you need to get in as soon as possible.  Your doctor can recommend a good counselor you can talk to. It's very difficult to manage this on your own and it actually feels good to vent to someone else. That counselor can provide you some tools to  help overcome the situation. if you don't have a doctor theremay be free counseling

you could check with local churches  or social service agencies. 

don't let this take you over! You deserve a peaceful happy life. The way I fought this was that I was determined anxiety would not beat me. I started getting regular exercise which really help , Eating healthier, socializing, going online to find meditative audios on  stress anxiety and depression.

those are so helpful! Be relentless in your effort to feel better! Very important is to stay busy! Our minds tend to go to the negative if we let it. Nip it in the bud as soon as you feel that way and go do something else.

definitely go talk to a counselor who is experienced and professional. Keep going even after you feel better. Best of luck and don't give up ever! !

• Posted

No I never got to see my go but they say that suicide is on a high in men under 50 but I still got turned away which I thought was disgusting for all they know I could have done something stupid
    • Posted

Can you change GP or surgery. Perhaps the message was never passed onto the dr. It happens.
    • Posted

The receptionist just said there was no one available to see me I have thought about changing surgery but they are all linked together I think if I went up that mountain I would have done something stupid but I am just glad I went to the doctors instead
    • Posted

Hi again The important thing to remeber Liam is that you did not go up that mountain but even if you had you may not have done anything 'stupid'. That is the point. You made very positive decisions by going to the GP surgery. It was not your fault that reception staff told you the dr ws unavailable. You coped nevertheless.

?Yes I agree you should have been assessed etc by a dr but things did not turn out as they should have done in that respect. I think now that you  should look forward now and congratulate yourself that you coped with this situation.

Perhaps mention to your dr what happened and see what they suggest you should do if this reoccurs. Hiopefully it won't.

• Posted

Thank you everyone for your advice
    • Posted

We are here for you. You are not alone Liam.

You must get the help you need. It is your right. If you feel so desperate please ring the Samaritans, it is completely confidential 0116 1234. Please do not despair there is always someone there to help.

?

Don't allow that one bad experience stop you from seeking help there again or elsewhere.

?The receptionist probably did not realise just howbad you were feeling. Please do not think that everyone is going to turn away because of one occasion when the surgery let you down.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.