breakfasts any new ideas please???

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am not a morning person, so I tend to have breakfast late morning and I am very boring, either 2 weetabix with sliced banana to replace the sugar or the cold porridge and yogurt mixture.

I am keeping away from bread as it bloats plus along with bread comes thickly spread butter you can see your teeth marks in!! 

What else does everyone have? xxx

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

On a weekend I have a veggie sausage with a poached egg mushrooms and tomatoessmile in the week I with make a breakfast muffin to take with me or a boiled egg and fruit. Or porridge oats mixed in fat free yogurt n leave in the fridge over night then in the morning use fri light mix in a egg and make pancakes smile 

I really don't like cereal and I'm hungry a hour later. 

• Posted

Thats the porridge mix I do then have some fruit withit, what the recipe for the breakfast muffin? Yeah tried the magic pancakes.

Yeah thats what im finding when I have my weetabix and then I mooch. I have the comfort food, eggs toms mushrooms lean bacon sometimes for tea but I could have it as a brunch for those hungry days xx

• Posted

The breakfast muffins I fry light mushrooms lean bacon tomatoe bit of onion n what else is floating round in my fridge low fat. 

Blitz a tub of cottage cheese so it's smooth add 2/3 eggs whisk all together all bacon ect and I put them in silicone muffin cases and bake on a low heat for 40 mins. I some sometimes add laughing cow light too smile 

Them come out like a egg muffin. Nice hot and cold. I've taken them in my pack upsmile

• Posted

You don't have to have butter you know:-). I sometimes have one slice of wholemeal toast with a lightly poached egg. Provided the yolk is runny and the toast lightly done, it's fine without butter, followed by an apple or pear. Or appropriate muesli with a little semi skimmed milk or yogurt. A bacon sandwich with two very lean rashers of bacon grilled or griddled in two thin slices of wholemeal bread (that's my treat one!). Baked beans on one slice of toast doesn't need butter. One other idea is a banana sandwich, again in two thin slices of wholemeal bread and no butter.
    • Posted

lol why have bread if I cant have the butter teeth markslol biggrin, joking, apart I have found bread is a bloater, poached egg Im sure I have a tool in the back of my cupboards i could dust off. poached egg and bacon how posh is that with a few beans for fibre mmmm sounds lush xxx
  • Posted

Haha@teeth marks .

I don't do breakfast at all, coffee and painkillers see me thru to about mid afternoon 

That porridge and yogurt sounds nice for a snack, how do u do it?

X

• Posted

I mix oats with a muller light any flavour I use vanilla mostly leave in the fridge over night. In the morning it's pretty thick mix in a egg and sweetener. fry light a pan and pour into small pancakes. Don't do a huge one it won't work. Then flip over when golden! They are like American pancakes nice and chunky! I have with berries and yogurt mmmmm
    • Posted

I do these too @fatfairy which work a treat and sometimes i just have the soaked out with blueberries and strawberries which is really nice and super filling.

I need fibre in my diet so i also have branflakes most days during the week with some banana on top smile 

• Posted

The porridge mix it lush and i eat it with a teaspoon to last longer, but I need some varition. Im starving marvin now lol after all this lush food talk haha xx
  • Posted

How about a wholemeal bacon sandwich - low fat bacom medallions either grilled microwaved or fry lighted, toast the bread and voila. Not sure if you can have tommy k ive not looked on the label of that.

Love a bacon sarnie nom nom and this way its quite healthy xx

• Posted

It took me ages to work out "tommy k" but assuming you mean tomato ketchup, it's zero fat.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.