Breaking Point

Posted , 6 users are following.

Literally am at my wits end. Another night of no sleep and the worst night sweats i have ever encountered so far on this path of misery they call the menopause. Im on hrt and have been for around eight months now and though it seems to help in some ways im wondering if its worth the risks if im still feeling so low and bad all the time. Surely someone has the answer somewhere as im not sure how much more of this misery i can cope with. Im just so fed up of feeling so low,tired,ill,achey,sweaty,angry,tearful and just generally feeling like im losing my mind and no longer feel myself in any way

2 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Samantha

Have you been back to the doctor to review your HRT? Perhaps the one you are using is not suiting you so well? When I started HRT I felt immediate relief from the hot sweats, night sweats and insomnia. I'm not sure if I just got lucky or what but I noticed a difference within one week of starting it. I also felt my mood lifted but that was probably because I was feeling a lot better physically. Maybe speak with your GP if you haven't already and discuss the possibility of changing to a different HRT? xx

• Posted

Ive been back three tines and four months ago changed to patches as was worse when on the tablets . My GP says im on the highest dose of hrt that you can be on so really dont know what the answer is tbh . Im just at my wits end fed up ,exhausted and down right bloody miserable all the time I dont want to even be around myself so cant think why anyone else would want to

• Posted

My solution was to get off HRT. It made me feel worse. yes it helped in a couple of areas but for the most part I was miserable on a daily basis. After getting off my symptoms regulated. I do still have bad days but I have good ones too. I could be too sensitive because I cant even take over the counter the counter menopause relief. It makes me sick. Hope you feel better soon.

• Posted

Hi Samantha,

I understand you completely. The suffering is truly indescribable. I am 50, and I have been dealing with severe physical symptoms (bloating, GI issues, sweating, freezing, cramping...) and psychological symptoms (crying, raging, feeling detached, horrible thoughts, deep despondency, borderline hallucinations...) for the past 18 months. I have tried numerous "remedies", all to no avail. I am now weaning myself off of an antidepressant, that I now realize has really been doing nothing.

I have moments, hours, days where I feel completely like my old self, and I am SOOOOO grateful for those times. When I descend back into the abyss, though, it feels impossible to cope with, and I wonder what I have done to deserve this. It is just unimaginable to me that women have to suffer in the way that we do, and that the medical community really has very little to offer the vast majority of women.

I am determined to get through this, though, and I tell myself that anything that I am going through, I have already experienced. I will never submit to this awfulness, as I have a fantastic life that I want to live, once this hell is over.

Sending you the strength to keep going and the knowledge that this will end!

Bev xo

• Posted

Samantha, You're not losing your mind. I feel the same way. I don't even remember the last time I actually had a good night's sleep. I usually get up more tired than I was when I went to bed. If anyone finds out the answer for all the symptoms of peri, I sure would like to know. Here's hoping we all make it through this miserable journey in one piece. Hugs and better days ahead for you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.