Breast cancer anxiety, please help

Posted , 4 users are following.

during march i had extreme anxiety over having breast cancer to the point where i was in bed almost all day worrying like crazy i eventually got over it with the help of prozac.

i stopped takig my prozac becasue of this cold and a few days ago i had this itch near the side of my breast, as i was rubbing it i felt a soft round lump, naturally i panicked and spent 30 minutes trying to re find the lump but never found it, i spent more time looking and felt a hard little bump near my rib (im really flat chested so its easier to feel things.) i then spent another 30 minutes trying to re find THAT lump but no luck (this was after my period ended in case that means anything)

i think i really just need some reassurance from someone please, ive been freaking out about breast lumps and cancer for months now and i dont want my obsessive worrying to take over again. and not to be rude, please dont suggest seeing a doctor! ive gone so many times over stuff like this and at this point its just embarassing... i even had a breast exam in march even though i was 19 (doc said i shouldve waited until over 20)

should i be worried at ALL? thank you in advance.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

omg im literally going through the same thing right now minus the flat chested part. I search so hard that i think i hurt myself because i am now feeling it hurting. I hate having anxiety it ruins your life learning to control it is a must

• Posted

aw i am sorry we are in the same boat! Do you ever feel lumps? My doc told me to stop checking because itll only make you more anxious..

• Posted

try to relax. itsgreat you are doing checks but you don’t have to go crazy with worry. Keep in mind that a lot of women have dense breast tissue and often feel soft, sometimes irregular, fibrous lumps (non cancerous) that move around. ive had many.

its recommended to do a breast check once a month a week after your period. you dont need to check daily.

Its important to "Get to know your breasts." learn how they feel normally. Get to know all the soft movable lumps that are most likely the fibrous type. That way each month you know what to expect and will know if something feels differently.

Cancerous lumps are normally small, hard and fixed and dont move or "swim away".

Go online and find the right way to do the exam.

ONCE YOU do it, and all is ok, its time to relax until next month.

and of course tell your doctor if you feel anything unusual.

Listen to some great meditations for worry and anxiety on you tube.

YOU are gonna be fine and stay active and busy to occupy your mind! ❤❤❤

• Posted

Hopfully this helps im in my 40'S 5 Years ago i felt a lump that was new went to the doctor they did and ultra sound and yrs i had a lump but it was fine and the doctor explained a few thing first over 90% of lumps they do biopsies on are not cancer so a lump does not mean cancer and breast are lumpy you probably can feel many little lumps but they usually feel similar on both breast. go to the doctor if its hard and does not move and out of the ordinary for you or if you see a dimple in your breast. hope this helps the experience caused me the worst anxiety

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.