Breast engorgement

Posted , 9 users are following.

this is insane i had this at the beginning of all this then it started subsiding and being mildly sore before cycle but this month omg they are so engorged and full like i just had a baby and they filled with milk horrible and so sore i cant touch them. im having to wear a sports bra so they dont move much. anyone else got this horrible symptom to return and be unbearable? God how much more go we have to go through before it just stops already.

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hi Pamela..i think I recognized your pic from a FB menopause group? How have you been? I don't see any post from you anymore...on there.

• Posted

i was in that group but i no longer have Facebook i just use messenger without Facebook now.im still struggling praying to get to the end of all this very soon its been a very very long miserable road

• Posted

The last period i had which was clear back in july i did the same thing! And i got very sick right when i started my period....i think when our breasts do this its a sudden surge in estrogen. Im so sick of living this way though! I have a good day thinking maybe im getting better then the sickness and all the other symptoms hit again

• Posted

me too your not alone im so tired of dealing with stuff everyday day in day out my life has become the groundhogs day.

• Posted

Hi Pamela,, have had this symptom about 4 times this year and was a very serious one for me because my breasts were severely engorged for 2 weeks each time not only was it painful but very concerning because it went on for so long..... almost went to the doctor but so sick of going to get everything checked then it finally let up but it was a long two weeks,,, my nipples were also hard as a rock and very painful, havent heard alot about this symptom but i also had this when young with pms but in peri magnify that 100%... lots of hugs to you Pam!!!

• Posted

Hi Pamela, I'm 49 and on day 53 of cycle my boobs are exactly the same so very engorged and painful like when had a baby . I'm wanting my period to start to give me a break from all these symptoms.

• Posted

hi pamela. this was one of my first perimeno symptoms. i started taking vit e and it calmed down. that was about 4 years ago. I am 47 and it is doing it again. i am still taking the E. i am also pretty sure I have another ovarian cyst right now. Ive had them before and it feels like same thing. i think these two things go hand in hand and have something to do with the low progesterone or estrogen dominance. whatever it is, I am so over it!! my appetite has been out of control lately and i bought a couple of new bras too. how long have you been in oeri?

• Posted

9 years and counting will it ever end and get better i pray and hope so i want through all this already

• Posted

Yes, I had it really bad last year, then it eased, now it returns here and there. It is horrible, especially when there is no relief. I actually do a heat pad and alternate with ice. It does help ease the pain a bit. Any relief helps! I pray that you feel better soon!

• Posted

Hi Pamela,

I think it is a surge in estrogen or low progesterone which makes the existing estrogen dominant. Look into DIM or Calcium d Glucarate supplements, supposed to help the body process excess estrogen. I have had short term success with both but I think my hormones are so up and down that I then get too low in estrogen. There's no winning.

Such a horrible ride some of us are on! I am just shy of 43 and started this all about 5 years ago with the last 3 being the worst. I sure hope suffering in perimenopause means menopause is better because it feels like I will never be normal again.

• Posted

Hi rainbow,,, some of us just have super high estrogen naturally and we can't do anything about it,, just like all other hormones,, testosterone etc... they fluctuate constantly and it really can mess everything in your body up,,you have a good point to all of us... wish there was just a good way to figure all this out,, a test or something you think we could have figured it out by now, this has been going one for centuries!!!hugs to all..xxx

• Posted

Thanks Beverly. It's all so frustrating. I have no libido, rapidly thinning hair, major mood swings and PMS and a really light period every 21 days. I think something is systemically wrong or I am somehow overly sensitive to every little fluctuation.

Doctors only have ever acknowledged I have low testosterone and suggested replacement but I already have hair loss and dark course facial hair. My face looks mannish during pms lol. I don't understand how I can have symptoms of high testosterone but actually have low testosterone. Sorry for the rant...

• Posted

Same with me my boobs increase in size and painful too.....my clothes donot fit ..my tummy become big now.....my dresses donot fit in..look horrible in old clothes......Donot know what going...soo much drastic size change..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.