breathing !

Posted , 11 users are following.

so most of the day i have had this feeling of i cant breathe properly it just feels any second it could stop and suddenly gets hard to breathe its not a panic attack i kind of wish it was just so i could think ohh its a panic attack sad

im trying my best to take my mind of breathing but i cant im thinking about it all the time and i dont know if this is making the problem worse sad

i keep reading all over my facebook rip ect and these people are young and this is getting me more wound up as with these breathing problems i feel im next or already on my way out :'( .

i just cant accept it and ontop of it im having horrible visions /day dreams and thoughts of me not been able to breathe fully and making all kind of breathing noises and gasping then finally realising im dieing and suffering then thats it im dead or it drags on for ages ect and im just so scared right now i have no racing heart ect if i was having a panic attack i would be running like a chicken around my house and you have to have a panic attack to have breathing problems i just feel hopeless and im so scared and the thoughts really wont stop cry

0 likes, 47 replies

47 Replies

Next
  • Posted

hi how do u know not panic attacks? need to go with flow and relax if it is panic which it prob is, how old are you also?
    • Posted

im 22 i have had panic attacks from age of 5 this has no other symtoms accet racing thoughts breathing problem and now poping and muscle twitches and headache sad
  • Posted

Hi

how did all this start panic and anxity

• Posted

Firstly, cut out all energy drinks cofee, secondly you need Fresh air and Gym 6 days a week to change the brain.

You also need green tea and Magnaisum and Vitamin B 3

• Posted

cut out all fried fatty foods, and stick to healthy...

Get ur blood test for Vitamin B3 and Vitamin D as this can cause anxity and depression.

you need to flow your blood so streching and yoga, at night you need to rub ur body for good blodd flow also increase calcium in your diet.

• Posted

i dont drink coffee or energy drinks because i realised this was causing problems .

fresh air i agree and gy i agree .

i gave up greentea but just starting again 

magnesium and that levels are fine had them checked 

thankyou though for your reply smile

• Posted

You need to increase them still Steph as the GP wil say its "normal" for them it is but ur suffering turst me I was in my final yr of uni I could even have a multivtiamin tablet or even go out
    • Posted

Start Zumba or Yoga do MINDFUL deep breathing and medidtation each night, always watch somthing funny before u sleep it wil ease the brain and balance the nagative thoughts
    • Posted

only jst seen this sorry for late reply i watch funny thing before bed i cant sleep without the tv on with something funny crazy i know but it stops my worries a little accept my anxiety is so bad im in bed now with something funny but i still cant breathe properly sad
  • Posted

Hi hun im the exact same as u at the moment I feel calm and would know if it was a panic attack as my heart would be racing like mad but im sat down and I feel like someone is suffocating me I have had the feeling all day and i can't stop thinking about it I also have now a choking feeling in my throat and chest like u get when ur going to cry or something its freaking me out and keeps making me need to cough is this all linked to anxiety? Im petrified I feel im going to choke I feel weird all over but dead calm for some reason I feel like im floating a bit if that makes sense but my head and neck feel heavy and chest feels tight but hearts not racing which it usually is when im having a panic attack iv had this choking feeling for around 1 hour now have u experienced it before? How do u get rid of it? Its seriously scaring me sad how old are u btw Steph? X
    • Posted

im 22 hun ,

im sat down too i have had it for about 5 hours now on and off but gradually now feels like its happening all the time i cant really explain feels like my chest is tightish and strained kinda pain and my breathing feels so strange like i will breathe in but a muscle bounces or somethin in my chest or gets jammed so its not a smooth breathe which then leads to me feeling like im suffocating my hearts not racing only other symtoms i have is pop sounds in my head/ears/neck and feeling ear/head achey but mild and racing thoughts its like im really on edge with my thoughts but none of my panic attack symtoms sad hope it gets better for you how old are you ? x

• Posted

These are not panic attacks, as you already know, this is generalized anxiety. Whatever you will try to do it will only get worse. I'm speaking from my personal experience. Few years ago I had the same thing, could not breathe 24/7, 3 weeks in a row. That's when I was diagnosed with that disorder. I was sure I have lung cancer since I could not believe anxiety could cause something like this. I took me 2 month of Zoloft + Lorazepam to be able to "kind of" breathe again, but still had frequent difficulties breathing. I think it took me cca 1,5 years or so to be able of constantly breathing normally. Go to psychiatric as soon as possible since untreated generalized anxiety will just get worse and worse.
    • Posted

Type in google self help CBT third link on google print that out thtl also help
    • Posted

Yep u sound exactly the same as me im 22 as well hun I feel my chest is so heavy my throat feels like Its closing up my back is killing me and when im breathing it sorta feels like its jerking its weird feeling but I know what u mean by u saying it's not smooth breathing because it makes u feel like it's jerky if that makes sense im in so much pain and feel im going to choke my chest above my breast area (left) is so tight and achey and my arms feel heavy and numb same as my head feel like I can't cope anymore everyday is a new symptom feel like my body's slowly giving up on me! Totally know how ur feeling chick feel free to message me xx
    • Posted

cheers hun ! i really hope it does get better soon for you cause i know exacly how your feeling guess it does show its anxiety and even though its not good your going through it too im glad in a way that im not alone .

i dont know how to start messages on here but if you need me can always message smile xx

• Posted

Yeah I know what u mean its bad that anxiety can cause all these physical symptoms its unreal! And next to my name thwy will be a little envelope click on that to start a message ill message u now smile xx
    • Posted

can you have symtoms without panic attack like breathing problems with gad then ?

i have been diagnised with gad !!

more on the health side but i still worry abut everything also have depression but nobody explaines that gad can cause breathing problem they just got its adrenline its not because i have none i have symtoms and worries and breathing problems .

• Posted

"can you have symptoms without panic attack like breathing problems with gad then"

Yes smile I had ZERO panic attack in my life. I had no idea there was something wrong with me. Through my life I had many physical problems and pains, but no detectable cause. My breathing problems were so severe I ended up in IR, they ran many tests and I was perfectly ok. So the doctor suggested that I probably need a psychiatrist. Sure I didn't believe, I mean, I can not breathe 24/7 and they send me to a shrink :D I had hard time to believe that and was constantly worrying I have some kind of fatal disease that hasn't been discovered yet smile The case with panic attacks is they are obvious even to a non doctor, but constant breathing problems are not. Pls don't listen to people telling you do sports, yoga, vitamins etc cos it wont help, not in this stage of your problem. First you need to get balanced and strong again and then do all the sports. I was a recreational runner for many years, spent a lot of time outdoors, ate healthy diet an vitamins and in the middle of all this "healthy living" I was struck with breathing problems. I was lucky enough I went to one of the best psychiatrist (he was my client and I asked him if he can take me, and some time later I was told by other people he's one of the best there is). Hid advice to me was to rest a lot, not to do any sports, just plain rest (contrary to any popular advices). The problem is that GAD does not affect your psychics alone (as a popular belief is) but also you body massively. Your physical body is under a lot of stress and doing sports worsen body stress. My doctor explained to me that all this sudden heart attacks that happen to young or younger people living healthy life and then suddenly die and  and nobody understands "god, he was living such a healthy life" is due to undiagnosed GAD. GAD is very harmful for the heart, it's like doing extreme sports non stop without a rest for a long time and heart can not take it anymore and it stops working. When I came to him I was in such a severe state he told me I could probably have 1 or 2 more years before my heart stops if untreated. I too had to listen to all good advices what I have to do to get better but the truth is nothing can make you better if not treated. Later on, when you get better you can slowly start doing yoga, walks etc. But at this point I beg you to take drugs, like it or not that's the only thing that can help you now.

• Posted

The thing I don't understand my heart does not race anymore I don't get typical panic attack problems like heart racing I did have panic attacks this breathing problem is like separate I belive accept no doctors are concerned we live in a area where the hospital is awful though I have been miss diagnosed ext too many times and medical files that have gone missing so I may acutely be dieing and they would still say ...anxiety 😒
    • Posted

Look hun, I do understand your fears. I do smile  But doctors can not be that bad since they diagnosed you for gad. There's nothing to understand - of course you don't get panic attacks, gad disorder does not include panic attacks. It looks like to me that you started off with depression with panic attacks and through the years it evolved into gad. Sertraline is recognized as the best drug with the least side affects. Don't torture yourself, take Sertraline. It will take some time, maybe 2 - 3 month, but you will get better. And no, you are not dying. Having dealt with depression from the very early age on, and now you have exact gad symptoms, it's highly unlikely you're dyeing and highly likely you have gad smile  The sooner you start with Sertraline the better for you.
    • Posted

Can I start sertline if I still have not been confirmed I have heart arrhythmia or not ? I'm waiting for my results from my 24 hour monitor it's taking forever like as it's been over a month but I have been told I may have a arrhythmia or electrical problem from hospital they said it's hard to catch them and give me a monitor but then my doctor who I had never seen before prescribed me sertline and I had a bad reaction of ciatrpram so I'm worried sertline will cause my heart to mess up if I do have any of these problems the hospital doctors mentioned ?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.