breathing !

Posted , 11 users are following.

so most of the day i have had this feeling of i cant breathe properly it just feels any second it could stop and suddenly gets hard to breathe its not a panic attack i kind of wish it was just so i could think ohh its a panic attack sad

im trying my best to take my mind of breathing but i cant im thinking about it all the time and i dont know if this is making the problem worse sad

i keep reading all over my facebook rip ect and these people are young and this is getting me more wound up as with these breathing problems i feel im next or already on my way out :'( .

i just cant accept it and ontop of it im having horrible visions /day dreams and thoughts of me not been able to breathe fully and making all kind of breathing noises and gasping then finally realising im dieing and suffering then thats it im dead or it drags on for ages ect and im just so scared right now i have no racing heart ect if i was having a panic attack i would be running like a chicken around my house and you have to have a panic attack to have breathing problems i just feel hopeless and im so scared and the thoughts really wont stop cry

0 likes, 47 replies

47 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Its quite clear your suffering from anxiety and you arw hypersensitive to your body, which means you noticw tour bodys natural movements and breathing is one of them, i get like this with the movement from my hands its like i cant move them properly but i can its all in the mind and unfortunatly anxiety causes all sorts of phyiscal sensations which make us worry unessasarily, i find when im busy doing somthing i actually forget my symtoms and it just proves that its nothing life threatening going on here its just anxiety.
    • Posted

tankyou i still feel the same now though i guess i am focussing on my breathing but even when im not and i start getting into a tv program or something it happens then thats whats making me think its not the way im totally relaxed and still have it thankyou though i do understand what you mean im "ill" everyday so i am too tuned into my body x
  • Posted

Hi stephx you had an appointment with your doctor yeaah ? What did he say ?
    • Posted

he said because hospital put it down to anxiety to take anxiety meds and see how it goes they refuse to do anything until i take the tablets for two weeks but i dont really want to take any tablets 
    • Posted

When I started taking Sertraline I got worse for several weeks before I was slowly starting getting better. Generally they say 2 weeks but in reality it can take much longer. It took much longer for me. I don't know why but I have a few friends and their doctors do this "2 weeks trials" and then change the drugs. I had first revisit after 2 weeks and my symptoms got worse but I was taking Lorazepam to get me through. My doctor insisted on Sertraline (Zoloft). I was explaining to him it doesn't help, it makes me worse, it's not a good drug for me, I should take something else, I don't have GAD, they need to run other tests and find this fatal disease that's killing me etc :D He listened and than said I just keep taking sertraline and he promises I will get better smile And I slowly did smile
    • Posted

What were you other symptoms apart from breathing problem?
    • Posted

i have not started taking them yet i have muscle twitches feeling my breathings too light and heartbeat light spacy light feeling 

constant wory mild chest and back tightness/ache headaches sad

• Posted

You have been troubling breathing through the nose also ?
    • Posted

no not like a cold or anything its like my breathing goes tight can be when breathing through nose or mouth each time feels like magnetic kinda feeling dragging a heavy breath in its really uncomfatable so strange 3 months of it but never had it constantly before 
    • Posted

None. I was tired but this was probably due to breathing problems.
  • Posted

I had that problem before!! It could just be anxiety for sure and you are to aware of your breathing. Did you get a blood test done? Because my iron was really low when I felt like that. Are you tired and weak and no appetite?
    • Posted

my levels all have been checked by docs n hospital and im fine i thought it was anemia cause i have had it really bad before to the point i could not stand unless passing out but im tiered all the time 
    • Posted

You are probably tired all the time because of the anxiety.

As I am as well!

Please hang in there! If you wanna chat more I'm here smile

• Posted

thankyou nice to have so many people to talk to that understand smile same too you x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.