Skip to content
Ad
in this discussion +3 following
kathy73461 kathy73461

Breathing- hypocondria

Hello, about 6 weeks ago i got the flu, or virus or bronchitis or something, anyway , my Dr. gave me steroid inhaler and rescue inhaler in case I needed it, because I could not stop coughing, and just  felt crappy for a couple of week, no energy etc.. Since that time I am feeling much better, other than, when I take a really deep breath I can feel it hurts or should I say uncomfortable in the bronchial lung area.It feels like it still is not totally healed up So of course every few minutes I am taking a deep breath in the hopes it will go away. I am sure I am exacerbating the situation by focuses all day long on my breathing. as I am a hypercondriac..I hope that is the case, but for the last few weeks I have been freaking out that it is something horrible.. Can anyone give me some good positive info. am afraid to get a chest x-ray because I have smoked for  33 years ( I don't smoke anymore) Any comfort would be appreciated. Has anyone had a similar expierience. Thank u in advance for any help

1 Replies

• molly06010 molly06010 kathy73461

Kathy - Sounds like it could well be Pleurisy.  Have been there, most unpleasant.  Please go seeyour doctor.  Yes, will need an X-Ray - mebbe even a high resolution CT scan - no need for contrast dyes.  IF it is pleurisy, then will no doubt be treated with inhalants, possibly antibiotics.  But best to get it cleared up 'before' any damage happens along/

Do not be hung up about being a smoker in the past.  Terrif you gave them up - congrats.  Now, get thee to yr doctor and best wishes for a swift recovery - it might not be pleurisy, perhaps just lingering bronchitis.  But please do see your GP.  

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

Already approved

You can't report this, it's already been approved by a moderator.

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.