Breathing issues

Posted , 13 users are following.

Has anyone experienced breathing issues while your hormones are fluctuating. I feel like I can't get a full breath, or i am wheezing. Thinking some is anxiety and weather related, but never had so much happen to me until my periods went haywire and started to miss some. Health anxiety has me thinking had thought s.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi. What you are experiencing sounds very similar to me. I am having breathing and swallowing problems as well as feeling low level anxiety. I've always had a few breathing problems but it's definitely got worse. Not sure if it's the start of the menopause or not... I'm not on the coil so don't get periods - so can't tell if mine are getting erratic... 

• Posted

Hi Michelle,  This happens to me.  Just did as a matter of fact.  A friend stopped by and we were chatting outside...it us hot here and I have not eaten yet, but, I was feeling overwhelmed just by talking.  Of course I was stressing myself out talking to her about my crazy symptoms!   Sooooo sick of this!  
  • Posted

hi, yes I have that also. mine are due to allergies that have become 10x worse since I started this journey. try not to worry, it's just one more thing on a list of what feels like hundreds of things. I have noticed that it is worse with weather change though. I can go weeks without a problem and then bam, it rears its ugly head. best of luck hun😊?

• Posted

Hi Michelle, yes I get exactly the same and it is caused by the menopause, it’s awful, struggling getting my top breath and wheezing as well , when I have an attack of this I try to relax and take deep breaths but I don’t feel I can breath properly until I get my top breath again, thanks for sharing this is me as well julie xxx take care 
  • Posted

Dear Michelle

Yes I had this at some stage (mainly in mornings) it felt like you said You cant get a whole proper breath and sometimes when talking it made me feel abit breathless, thankfully it did pass.

• Posted

Michelle, are you have trouble breathing in or breathing out? Wheezing is usually trouble breathing out.

My breathing issues always coincide with my burning feet, so I do think it's all hormonally related.

• Posted

However, it's breathing in that's my problem. Not breathing out. If you are wheezing on breathing out maybe you need to see the doctor about getting some medicine to help, could be asthma/allergy related?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.